Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with the find cmd
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with the find cmd Post 302670141 by bitlord on Wednesday 11th of July 2012 04:48:55 PM
Old 07-11-2012
jim mcnamara,
I was able to get your example to work on both Solaris and RHEL,thanks.
Code:
find / -name java -type f | grep -v '^/export/zones'

alister,
Your examples didn't work on Solaris but worked on RHEL.
Code:
find / -type f -name java -print -o \( -path /tmp -prune \)

I got this error in Solaris
Code:
find: bad option -path
find: path-list predicate-list

Thanks for the help everyone. Sorry I was so late getting back to you, sooner, I had to step away from my desk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find cmd not working as expected

Hi, i wan to search the file starting with Admin into the directory Output. I am running below command: find /appl/Output -name "Admin*" -prune but this command is going into the sub directories present under output. I do not want to search under sub directories. Any help will be highly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal123
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Find cmd working in Linux and not in SunSolaris 5.8

find . -type f -mtime -1 -ls command not working in sun solaris 5.8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotbaweja
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using find cmd to find certain files

i have a list of files below: rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 180 Mar 4 22:47 del_0n_Date -rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 472 Mar 4 22:58 mail_Check -rw-r--r-- 1 pipe pipe 92 Mar 4 22:58 minfo.txt -rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 609 Mar 5 05:12... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find status of last executed cmd in perl?

In shell we can find the status of last executed command by $? In perl what is the command to find the status of last executed command... Can any one please say??????????????? Thanks, Prabhu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prsampath
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find cmd not working correctly in script

I am trying to copy 2 types of files so I can archive them. I tested with a set of commands: touch -t $(date -d "-60 day" +%Y%m%d) WORKDIR/REF find TARGETDIR/ -type f -maxdepth 1 -iname \*.out\* -or -iname \*.log\* ! -newer WORKDIR/REF -exec ls -l {} \; This correctly lists any files in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

date with find cmd

Hi for today i have 10 files, in that i need search some values how can i write a find cmd with perticular date thanks SAIC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saic
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to link lsof and find cmd?

Hi All, My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also to avoid file system being hung-up. Finding the process id: is to kill the process Finding the biggest file: is to remove the file To get the process... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find cmd works different on cron job ?

/usr/bin/find $SEARCH_DIR -daystart \( \( -name 'KI*' -a -name '*.csv' \) -o -name '*_xyz_*' \) -mtime $DAYS_AGO -printf %f -printf "\n" | sort -r > $FILES The above command gives different results when run on a cron job. When run manually the result is accurate. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthalapati
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested find cmd

Hi gurus, greetings. Objective: find in a path directories that are named Logs. In each found Logs dir search for files with .log extension and remove -atime +6. (Note for test/example, rm and -atime is not used). Issue: If I execute the script without redirecting output to a file, on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find cmd and sym links

Hi. Can somebody tell me if there's a way of creating a symbolic link from a directory on one filesystem to that on another that will allow a find command that doesn't use the -L param to locate a particular file under that new 'linked' dir. With a normal sym link the find command on that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
6 Replies
uadmin(1M)																uadmin(1M)

NAME
uadmin - administrative control SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/uadmin cmd fcn [mdep] /sbin/uadmin cmd fcn [mdep] The uadmin command provides control for basic administrative functions. This command is tightly coupled to the system administration proce- dures and is not intended for general use. It may be invoked only by the super-user. Both the cmd (command) and fcn (function) arguments are converted to integers and passed to the uadmin system call. The optional mdep (machine dependent) argument is only available for the cmd values of 1 (A_REBOOT), 2 (A_SHUTDOWN), or 5 (A_DUMP). For any other cmd value, no mdep command-line argument is allowed. When passing an mdep value that contains whitespaces, the string must be grouped together as a single argument enclosed within quotes, for example: uadmin 1 1 "-s kernel/unix" See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ uadmin(2), attributes(5) On systems, shutting down the system by means of uadmin does not update the boot archive. Avoid using this command after manual editing of files such as /etc/system or driver.conf(4). 11 Apr 2005 uadmin(1M)