Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding data in large no. of files Post 302668835 by cooker97 on Tuesday 10th of July 2012 03:41:19 AM
Old 07-10-2012
thx for the pointers clx.
Will keep 'em in mind next time.
I am a complete noob to linux, but I need this script for a project I'm working on.

The sample o/p should be smthing like this :

The script should simply create new sub-directories and copy those files there, any one row of which satisfy the criteria I mentioned. (i.e, no. of rows satisfying criteria >=1).

Also, it should give me VALUE D of those row(s) in the copied files which have satisfied the criteria.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from large logs.

Hi all, I have a large log file that gets created daily. I need to be able to pull text out of the log when I hit a pattern including the 7 lines above it and the 3 lines below and output it to a new text file. Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 Line 4 Line 5 Line 6 Line 7 Pattern Line 9 Line 10... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bas
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question about finding a large file

what is the correct command for finding the largest file and displaying it without any error information? I can find it, but how do I display it in the same command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding and removing patterns in a large list of urls

I have a list of urls for example: Google Google Base Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Video - It's On Google The problem is that Google and Google are duplicates as are Yahoo! and Yahoo!. I'm needing to find these conical www duplicates and append the text "DUP#" in from of both Google and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: totus
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to separate data from a large XML file into multiple files

I have a 500 MB XML file from a FileMaker database export, it's formatted horribly (no line breaks at all). The node structure is basically <FMPXMLRESULT> <METADATA> <FIELD att="............." id="..."/> </METADATA> <RESULTSET FOUND="1763457"> <ROW att="....." etc="...."> ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: JRy
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide large data files into smaller files

Hello everyone! I have 2 types of files in the following format: 1) *.fa >1234 ...some text... >2345 ...some text... >3456 ...some text... . . . . 2) *.info >1234 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding and Extracting uniq data in multiple files

Hi, I have several files that look like this: File1.txt Data1 Data2 Data20 File2.txt Data1 Data5 Data10 File3.txt Data1 Data2 Data17 File4.txt (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Transpose large data in UNIX

Hi I have the following sample of data: my full data dimention is 900,000* 1119 rs987435 C G 1 1 1 0 2 rs345783 C G 0 0 1 0 0 rs955894 G T 1 1 2 2 1 rs6088791 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marwah
7 Replies

9. Programming

C++ help in large data set

Hi All, We are trying to replace a 3rdparty where we don't know how they handled the reader part here. The query below is getting 197 * 2038017 row in the table. In the below code we are trying to run the query and execute in the DB part and fetch and read the record. That is where it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies
getdgrp(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       getdgrp(1M)

NAME
getdgrp - lists device groups which contain devices that match criteria SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/getdgrp [-ael] [criteria]... [dgroup]... DESCRIPTION
getdgrp generates a list of device groups that contain devices matching the given criteria. The criteria is given in the form of expres- sions. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Specifies that a device must match all criteria to be included in the list generated by this command. The option has no effect if no criteria are defined. -e Specifies that the list of device groups on the command line should be excluded from the list generated by this command. Without the -e option the named device groups are included in the generated list. The flag has no effect if no devices are defined. -l Specifies that all device groups (subject to the -e option and the dgroup list) should be listed even if they contain no valid device members. This option has no affect if criteria is specified on the command line. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: criteria Defines criteria that a device must match before a device group to which it belongs can be included in the generated list. Specify criteria as an expression or a list of expressions which a device must meet for its group to be included in the list generated by getdgrp. If no criteria are given, all device groups are included in the list. Devices must satisfy at least one of the criteria in the list. However, the -a option can be used to define that a "logical and" operation should be performed. Then, only those groups containing devices which match all of the criteria in a list will be included. There are four possible expressions types which the criteria specified in the criteria argument may follow: attribute=value Selects all device groups with a member whose attribute attribute is defined and is equal to value. attribute!=value Selects all device groups with a member whose attribute attribute is defined and does not equal value. attribute:* Selects all device groups with a member which has the attribute attribute defined. attribute!:* Selects all device groups with a member which does not have the attribute attribute defined. See putdev(1M) for a complete listing and description of available attributes. dgroup Defines a set of device groups which should be included in or excluded from the generated list. Device groups that are defined and which contain devices matching the criteria are included. If the -e option is used, this list defines a set of device groups to be excluded. When the -e option is used and criteria is also defined, the generated list will include device groups containing devices which match the criteria and are not in the command line list. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion of the task. 1 Command syntax was incorrect, invalid option was used, or an internal error occurred. 2 Device table or device group table could not be opened for reading. FILES
/etc/device.tab /etc/dgroup.tab ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devattr(1M), getdev(1M), putdev(1M), putdgrp(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 getdgrp(1M)