Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking file existence along with condition Post 302668521 by rogerben on Monday 9th of July 2012 10:47:16 AM
Old 07-09-2012
Checking file existence along with condition

Hi am trying to write a script which find the existence of a file from a find command output and perform a task if the file exists. Help me out with the correct syntax . Am trying with the following one but unable to get the output.

Code:
if [-f find <path> -mtime 4 -print ]
then <some tasks>
else
echo "file not exists"
fi

Last edited by methyl; 07-09-2012 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags
rogerben

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking file existence

Hi, My requirement was to check the existence of a file having a specified pattern.The way i tried to achieve this was if ; then echo "File found" fi an example file having this pattern was 'ilvs_trace01.0124'. it will vary... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the existence of a file..

Hi, I am trying to check for the existence of a file using the 'test' and the file existence options. When trying to check for a file with a space in between e.g 'Team List', it gives the following error. learn1: line 3: test: `Team: binary operator expected I am pasting my code below as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for existence of a flat file in UNIX !

Hi All, I have a requirement where in i need to check for existence of a file and later execute some pmcmd commands related to informatica. I tried many ways but was unsuccessful could you please throw some light. Below are the sample codes i wrote. Example 1: #!/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Multiple file existence

Hi, I want to check multiple files exist or not in a single if statement in korn Shell:confused:. Please help me Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lathish
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple file existence and checking file size

I want to check the files in particular directory are more that 0 Bytes i.e, Non zero byte file. The script should print a msg if all the files in that directory are empty( 0 Byte). (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathish
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the existence of a file before getting last modified

Hi, I am trying to check the existence of a file, from a list of possible filenames: status-A status-B status-C before retrieving the last modified datetime using ls, I want to check it exists or ls will throw an error. So I have tried this: if ; then ls status-* fi But the if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LostInTheWoods
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking the file existence using ssh

Hi Can any body say me the reason for below error ssh -o 'StrictHostKeyChecking no' user@client ' && print "1"' I am getting error as "Missing ]":wall: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh12621
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking existence of file using awk

Hi, I need to check whether a particular file exists ot not using awk. Can anyone help me please? For Example:script that i am using: awk '{filename =$NF; rc=(system("test -r filename")) print $rc;}' "$1" is not working. Here I am passing a text file as input whose last word contains a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish007
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for the file existence

Hi, I have written a script to validate the data file by referreing to the configurtion file. And moving the validated good records and bad records into HDFS. Suppose after 15 mins if i receive one more data fie,then after validation the good and bad records shold be stored in hadoop with the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command script for checking a file existence

Hello, I have a directory where sometimes appear a certain file name - and I'd like to be notified by email when that happens... so what command or script I may use? e.g. if there's a file named "adam" in the directory named "dir1" then send a mail to "abc@abc.com".. it needs to permanently... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netrom
5 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX