Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Why am I persistent to be WRONG! Post 302667685 by methyl on Friday 6th of July 2012 05:17:39 PM
Old 07-06-2012
I have worked with a highly intellegent colleague who had Tourette Syndrome (not mild) and other problems with interacting with people. Because he could solve problems which nobody on the team could solve, we protected him from management to our best ability. Some team meetings took place while power-walking round the car park. Unfortunately he got into a high-stress situation with a manager and got dismissed. The manager concerned made a full recovery.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux - Persistent routes not working

Hello, I'm having problems with persistent routes. I have the route added to route-eth1. But when I run the 'route' command to display the routes, it does not show the newly added route. I did restart the network service. That did not help. I also rebooted the server, but still did not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Persistent variable

I found a way to make a numeric variable persistent for a script : #!/bin/bash function Persist() { # 1:Expression like VARIABLE=Value (numeric) local V=${1%=*} eval "$1" sed -i "s/^$V=*/$1/" $(which $(basename $0)) || return 1 }And how to use itAA=12 read -p "Enter a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frans
2 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP Persistent IP blacklisted

Hi, I want to use the service IP incase for any network activity rather than the persistent IP as the Persistent IP is blacklisted in our network. Is there any way to make the service ip as LPARs default IP to be used as the lpars source IP incase it pings anything or acceses any external... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
6 Replies

4. AIX

Unable to add persistent IP

i am trying to make HACMP but when i add a persistent ip, error shows unable to determine address for 'UPIDGIS1_pers' pls help me out AIX - 5.3 HACMP -5.4 thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply.ravi
2 Replies

5. AIX

PowerHA, same subnet for persistent and service ip

I am new in AIX and please forgive my poor english. I know that AIX allow same subnet IPs for different interfaces, which result in multipath routing / route striping. My question is, is there any best practice for the persistent and service IP with same subnet to stay on same interface, or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeyeung
5 Replies

6. Solaris

aggr not persistent after a reboot

All, I hope someone can help me on my problem with an aggregate, as I am a Solaris noob. I tried doing this according to the official documentation from Oracle (unfortunately, as a new user to the forum, I may not post URLs...) and also googled a lot around, but have not found any solution yet.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Captainquark
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

8. Programming

Python Request Persistent

I noticed that when attempting to download videos from the url, I receive a 403 forbidden when I get through to a certain point in my downloads. I can download a third of the videos but will error: Retrieving file 'blah-video.f4v'... Traceback (most recent call last): ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

9. AIX

BootIP vs Persistent IP in HACMP

I have done other clusters (HP MC/Service Guard and oracle Clusters, and RHEL Cluster services), and have good idea about hacmp (a little older knowledge). However the term "Boot IP" for some reason is messing with my head. Have not done HACMP since the 4.1.2.X days. Is the Bootip the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies
fmd(1M)                                                   System Administration Commands                                                   fmd(1M)

NAME
fmd - fault manager daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/fm/fmd/fmd [-V] [-f file] [-o opt=val] [-R dir] DESCRIPTION
fmd is a daemon that runs in the background on each Solaris system. fmd receives telemetry information relating to problems detected by the system software, diagnoses these problems, and initiates proactive self-healing activities such as disabling faulty components. When appropriate, the fault manager also sends a message to the syslogd(1M) service to notify an administrator that a problem has been detected. The message directs administrators to a knowledge article on Sun's web site, http://www.sun.com/msg/, which explains more about the problem impact and appropriate responses. Each problem diagnosed by the fault manager is assigned a Universal Unique Identifier (UUID). The UUID uniquely identifes this particular problem across any set of systems. The fmdump(1M) utility can be used to view the list of problems diagnosed by the fault manager, along with their UUIDs and knowledge article message identifiers. The fmadm(1M) utility can be used to view the resources on the system believed to be faulty. The fmstat(1M) utility can be used to report statistics kept by the fault manager. The fault manager is started automatically when Solaris boots, so it is not necessary to use the fmd command directly. Sun's web site explains more about what capabilities are cur- rently available for the fault manager on Solaris. OPTIONS
The following options are supported -f file Read the specified configuration file prior to searching for any of the default fault manager configuration files. -o opt=value Set the specified fault manager option to the specified value. Fault manager options are currently a Private inter- face; see attributes(5) for information about Private interfaces. -R dir Use the specified root directory for all pathnames evaluated by the fault manager, instead of the default root (/). -V Print the fault manager's version to stdout and exit. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 An error occurred which prevented the fault manager from initializing, such as failure to open the telemetry trans- port. 2 Invalid command-line options were specified. FILES
/etc/fm/fmd Fault manager configuration directory /usr/lib/fm/fmd Fault manager library directory /var/fm/fmd Fault manager log directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfmd | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), fmadm(1M), fmdump(1M), fmstat(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) http://www.sun.com/msg/ NOTES
The Fault Manager is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/fmd:default The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. Administrators should not disable the Fault Manager service. SunOS 5.10 17 Nov 2004 fmd(1M)