Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with killing / running ( minecraft ) Post 302667497 by vbe on Friday 6th of July 2012 10:59:00 AM
Old 07-06-2012
Would a fg followed by a CTRL-c suffice?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing and relaunching a task every 15 minutes while a script is running

Hi there, I would like to write a script which while running will kill and then execute again a task every 15 minutes. Here's what I want to do: Al Jazeera English have a low quality, time-limited 15 minute trial stream up at their site. I.e. when I click on the 56K link, it will play in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leaving Program running but killing the script

Sorry for all the threads. I am almost done. I ahve a bash script that is launching a diags program then copying the .html over my client. then it does the following line /opt/firefox/firefox report.html it launches it fines but the program waits for me to close the window or kill the script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Killing a process which is running in different server

Consider two servers tst01 and tst02. i need to log in tst01 and check for the processes which run in tst02. then based on pid , i need to kill that process. is it possible to achieve? I am able to connect to tst02 using ftp. But the problem is, if i use ps it says invalid command. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script that reads and writes java console Minecraft

Hi I am looking for an easy way to lock game mode (0) for everyone included op on a Minecraft server. It can be a script that every time a player changes game to 1 the script changes back to 0. What the player writes is visible in the java console. I am not good at script programming and my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyMorris
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

two questions about incorporating fortune and java uptime into screen for a minecraft server

existing code #!/bin/bash SRC_DIR=/home/brian/mc/ DEST_DIR=/home/brian/mcbak/ SCREEN_SESSION=minecraft BACKUP_LOG=/home/brian/mcbaklog CHKBAK=$(rdiff-backup -v3 --verify ~/mcbak) BAKSZ=$(du -sh ~/mcbak|awk 'FNR == 1 {print $1}') WLDSZ=$(du -sh ~/mc/world/|awk 'FNR == 1 {print $1}')... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that kills previous instances of itself upon running not killing child processes

I'm likely going to explain this clumsily, so apologies in advance: I have the following script: #!/bin/bash pidPrefix="logGen" checkPrime () { if /sbin/ifconfig eth0:0|/bin/grep -wq inet;then isPrime=1;else isPrime=0;fi } killScript () { /usr/bin/find /var/run -name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a bash process and running the second part of script

I want to run a script that calls remote ssh and if it gets hung, I want to be able to kill that part of the script and run another command in the script for example I have a statement like this: if ]; then export tapes=$(for tape in $(su - nacct -c 'ssh remote1 "cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Disable minecraft by disabling java

my kids are on minecraft constantly. I want to restrict its use but it seems impossible since it runs on java. :eek: They are using :mad: windows 7 :mad: but I'm asking this question on here since Java is platform independent (er right?):confused: Also this forum was very helpful with my AWK... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmp260
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing the process if running for long time in script

I am running a script which will read the data from fail line by line and call the Java program by providing the arguments from the each line. The Java code is working fast for few records and for some records its getting hanged not providing response for morethan one hour. Currently am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
4 Replies
EVIM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   EVIM(1)

NAME
evim - easy Vim, edit a file with Vim and setup for modeless editing SYNOPSIS
evim [options] [file ..] eview DESCRIPTION
eVim starts Vim and sets options to make it behave like a modeless editor. This is still Vim but used as a point-and-click editor. This feels a lot like using Notepad on MS-Windows. eVim will always run in the GUI, to enable the use of menus and toolbar. Only to be used for people who really can't work with Vim in the normal way. Editing will be much less efficient. eview is the same, but starts in read-only mode. It works just like evim -R. See vim(1) for details about Vim, options, etc. The 'insertmode' option is set to be able to type text directly. Mappings are setup to make Copy and Paste work with the MS-Windows keys. CTRL-X cuts text, CTRL-C copies text and CTRL-V pastes text. Use CTRL-Q to obtain the original meaning of CTRL-V. OPTIONS
See vim(1). FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim62/evim.vim The script loaded to initialize eVim. AKA
Also Known As "Vim for gumbies". When using evim you are expected to take a handkerchief, make a knot in each corner and wear it on your head. SEE ALSO
vim(1) AUTHOR
Most of Vim was made by Bram Moolenaar, with a lot of help from others. See the Help/Credits menu. 2002 February 16 EVIM(1)