Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to know the password is "null" Post 302665955 by jtollefson on Tuesday 3rd of July 2012 12:26:36 PM
Old 07-03-2012
Not sure how your files are configured, and obviously... don't post it here for example... But, check column 2 of /etc/shadow, that's where your password hash is stored.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extran NUll character added after end of line "\n"

Hi All, I am facing a strange situation and want to find why it is occuring . When i convert the whole line into Hexadecimal character i can find the junk value after new line (\n) . If i look in binary mode it is not visible. PLease let me know how possible the junk character is added... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of "> /dev/null 2>&1"

Hi, I am new into UNIX shell scripting and I am wondering what is the meaning of the below text which appears at the end of each line in the ".sh" file: > /dev/null 2>&1 For example, the line below: sh $HOME/stats/Rep777/Act_777.sh omc omc > /dev/null 2>&1 I know for sure what "sh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: salanalani
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between ">/dev/null 2>&1" and "2>&1 >/dev/null"

Does >/dev/null 2>&1 and 2>&1 >/dev/null mean the same? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting standard out to /dev/null goes to file "/dev/null" instead

I apologize if this question has been answered else where or is too elementary. I ran across a KSH script (long unimportant story) that does this: if ; then CAS_SRC_LOG="/var/log/cas_src.log 2>&1" else CAS_SRC_LOG="/dev/null 2>&1" fithen does this: /usr/bin/echo "heartbeat:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbmorrisonjr
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Printing null hash values as a " "?

I'm filling in a table of values for grades. I decided to go with reading into a hash from the files but I'm coming up with an error when printing a value that does not exist. I need to know if I can on-the-fly print a space (" ") or blank in place of the grade. Here's what the output should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D2K
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
RADCRYPT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       RADCRYPT(8)

NAME
radcrypt - generate password hash for use with radius, or validates a password hash SYNOPSIS
radcrypt [-d|--des] [-m|--md5] [-c|--check] plaintext_password [hashed_password] DESCRIPTION
radcrypt generates a hashed digest of a plaintext password, or can validate if a password hash matches a plaintext password. DES and MD5 hashes are currently supported. When generating a password hash a random salt is generated and applied. A hashed password can be validated by specifying -c or --check and passing hashed_password after plaintext_password on the command line. In this case hashed_password will be checked to see if it matches plaintext_password. If so "Password OK" will be printed and the exit sta- tus will be 1, otherwise "Password BAD" will be printed and exit status will be 0 (Note this is the opposite of a normal successful shell status). OPTIONS
-d --des Use a DES (Data Encryption Standard) hash (default). Ignored if performing a password check. -m --md5 Use a MD5 (Message Digest 5) hash. Ignored if performing a password check. -c --check Perform a validation check on a password hash to verify if it matches the plantext password. EXAMPLES
$ radcrypt foobar HaX0xn7Qy650Q $ radcrypt -c foobar HaX0xn7Qy650Q Password OK SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), crypt(3) AUTHORS
Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron-office.nl> RADCRYPT(8)