Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Changing process id after starting Post 302663725 by Vit0_Corleone on Thursday 28th of June 2012 11:59:05 AM
Old 06-28-2012
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Incorrect answer removed

Last edited by Corona688; 06-28-2012 at 02:06 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture the process id when starting a background process

Hello all, How do I start a background process and save the process id to a file on my system. For example %wait 5 & will execute and print the process id. I can't figure out how to get it to a file. I've tried: > filename 0>filename 1>filename. Any assistance is most appreciated. Thanks, Jim... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jleavitt
10 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

process starting

Hello everybody! I got a question on process starting. I installed e.g. squid on my Mac and all is working well, but i wanted to figure out what process or script is starting squid on booting the machine. I searched for a while but i could not find where i can change these configuration. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: count_zero
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to starting process as daemon using ssh command?

Hello, I need to run a command on remote Linux using the ssh command from my local machine. I am able to execute the command on remote machine using ssh but it's behaving strangely. The command is supposed to start a daemon process on remote linux box and the control should return back to me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinshukla
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH starting nohup'd process - not exiting

I'm trying to ssh into a remote server, run a script which may or may not start a nohup'd background process and then exit leaving the process running on the remote server. I'm looping through a number of servers to do this but the script hangs as soon as it comes to a server where the remote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve_H
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem starting a process on solaris from other user

Hi Gurus, I have a server that has to users. 1) root 2)net1 there are several processes running on my server one of the process is CMIS_STACK process which is a compiled C code when this process goes missing then i restart this process manually in the following manner ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting a process whose ppid should be 1

How can I start a process with ppid as 1 instead of my current shell pid? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KSH/Bash] Starting a parent process from a child process?

Hey all, I need to launch a script from within 2 other scripts that can run independently of the two parent scripts... Im having a hard time doing this, if anyone knows how please let me know. More detail. ScriptA (bash), ScriptB (ksh), ScriptC (bash) ScriptA, launches ScriptB ScirptB,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ensure file copy is complete before starting process

Hi experts, I have a requirement wherein a user is uploading a file to the Landing directory on one of our Linux servers. A cron job is scheduled to run after every 5 minutes which will pick up the files from the source (Landing) dir and copy to the target dir, and once successfully copied to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting a process remotely

Hello all, Please, i try to start cassandra remotely but it didn't work. i don't find cassandra process when using ps aux|grep cassandra ssh -t root@g-8 -x "sshpass -p 'ubuntu' ssh -t root@10.147.243.163 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -x... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Process only 4 digit odd number starting with zero

I am trying to process only IonCode_odd #'s (always 4 digits starting with zero), but the below isn't working as expected. Is there a better way? Thank you :). IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam.bai IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.fastq... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies