Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to convert relative path to absolute path? Post 302663633 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 28th of June 2012 10:15:32 AM
Old 06-28-2012
Generic method:
Code:
( cd path; pwd )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi - replacing a relative path with absolute path in a file

Hi, I have a file with about 60 lines of path: app-defaults/boxXYZ....... I want to change this to /my/path/goes/here/app-defaults/boxXYZ, but of course vi doesn't like the regualr :s/old/new/ command. Is there any other quick way to do this? Thanks ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting full path from relative path

given a relative path, how do i convert it into a full one. i.e. if i am in /home/polypus and i am given foo/bar then to get a full path i can just concatinate it with pwd, but what if i am given "../mama" how do i programmatically convert: /home/polypus and ../mama into ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: polypus
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding relative path of a file

I have to relatively get the path of a file to use it in the script. The directory structure is /export/opt/XTools/ and under this there are several version directories - 1.0_A0, 1.0_A1, 1.0_A2 etc.,. The actual file is under these directories: installscript.sh My script should pickup the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with absolute path and relative path

I'm having problems accessing the Knoppix software on my current computer and the replacement CD I ordered hasn't arrived yet. I have a guess at what the answer would be for this question but I am not sure as I cannot test it with the software. I have to create a directory called class, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzero
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the relative path

suppose i ahve a shell script Nsdnet.sh inside a directory /dialp/Release/bin another file nsdnet_file.csv is under the same directory. Now in the shell script i have call a java file, which reads the csvfile from the commandline. Now when i run the file as $ ./Nsdnet.sh ./nsdnet_file.csv then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

absolute path for a script ran with relative path

I have a script in which i want to print absolute path of the same script irrespective of path from where i run script. I am using test.sh: echo "pwd : `pwd`" echo "script name: $0" echo "dirname: `dirname $0`" when i run script from /my/test/dir/struct as ../test.sh the output i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rss67
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change Absolute path to Relative path

Hello, I have a doubt:- --------------------- Current script:- ################################################################################################ prefix=user@my-server: find . -depth -type d -name .git -printf '%h\0' | while read -d "" path ; do ( cd "$path" || exit $?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_jammu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Relative path not safe

Hallo everyone, I am running an SQL-Script over KShell-Script. Thus, in the KShell-Script there are these lines: WORKPATH=$PWD/work EXPORTDIR=export_meine_datei_bitte EXPORTPATH=${WORKPATH}/${EXPORTDIR} ... db2 connect to ${DBNAME} || die "can not open database connection" db2... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratnalein88
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with cp command using relative path?

I have a lab I am doing for a Linux Operating class. The question I am stumped on is "For the following questions, only use the cp command to copy files. You should currently be inside your lab07 directory. Create a subdirectory inside this directory called ones and copy (working ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CodyMongrel
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
Mojo::Path(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Mojo::Path(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Path - Path SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Path; my $path = Mojo::Path->new('/foo%2Fbar%3B/baz.html'); shift @{$path->parts}; say $path; DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Path is a container for URL paths. ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Path implements the following attributes. "leading_slash" my $leading_slash = $path->leading_slash; $path = $path->leading_slash(1); Path has a leading slash. "parts" my $parts = $path->parts; $path = $path->parts([qw(foo bar baz)]); The path parts. # Part with slash push @{$path->parts}, 'foo/bar'; "trailing_slash" my $trailing_slash = $path->trailing_slash; $path = $path->trailing_slash(1); Path has a trailing slash. METHODS
Mojo::Path inherits all methods from Mojo::Base and implements the following new ones. "new" my $path = Mojo::Path->new; my $path = Mojo::Path->new('/foo%2Fbar%3B/baz.html'); Construct a new Mojo::Path object. "canonicalize" $path = $path->canonicalize; Canonicalize path. # "/foo/baz" Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar/../baz')->canonicalize; "clone" my $clone = $path->clone; Clone path. "contains" my $success = $path->contains('/foo'); Check if path contains given prefix. # True Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/'); Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/foo'); Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/foo/bar'); # False Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/f'); Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/bar'); Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->contains('/whatever'); "merge" $path = $path->merge('/foo/bar'); $path = $path->merge('foo/bar'); $path = $path->merge(Mojo::Path->new('foo/bar')); Merge paths. # "/baz/yada" Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->merge('/baz/yada'); # "/foo/baz/yada" Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar')->merge('baz/yada'); # "/foo/bar/baz/yada" Mojo::Path->new('/foo/bar/')->merge('baz/yada'); "parse" $path = $path->parse('/foo%2Fbar%3B/baz.html'); Parse path. Note that %2F will be treated as "/" for security reasons. "to_abs_string" my $string = $path->to_abs_string; Turn path into an absolute string. "to_string" my $string = $path->to_string; Turn path into a string. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Path(3pm)