Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS Post 302663091 by bartus11 on Wednesday 27th of June 2012 02:35:41 PM
Old 06-27-2012
Can you post output of:
Code:
df -h /export/zone1

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09

Hello All, Good Morning, We are trying to convert the UFS root in to ZFS. Am getting below error. Any one help me out on this ? bash-3.00# zpool list NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT guru 5.95G 483M 5.48G 7% ONLINE - bash-3.00# zpool create rpool c2t10d0p0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Convert UFS (root) to VxFS

Hi all, How to i use vxfs for my server? Because when i install OS, it is installed with ufs, then after Solaris 10 installation, i proceed to install vxfs. How do i convert all the ufs to vxfs? Or is it what i'm doing is the incorrect way? Please help. :wall: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Creation of zone based on zfs root file system

Hi all I want to know if suppose my global zone has UFS root file system & now I want to create non global zone with ZFS root file system. Is it possible.....If this is possible then how will I able to create zone based on ZFS root file system in global zone having UFS based root file system (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies

6. SuSE

Auditors want more security with root to root access via ssh keys

I access over 100 SUSE SLES servers as root from my admin server, via ssh sessions using ssh keys, so I don't have to enter a password. My SUSE Admin server is setup in the following manner: 1) Remote root access is turned off in the sshd_config file. 2) I am the only user of this admin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvbell
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you gain root privileges if the suid program does not belong to root?

I had a question in my test which asked where suppose user B has a program with 's' bit set. Can user A run this program and gain root privileges in any way? I suppose not as the suid program run with privileges of owner and this program will run with B's privileges and not root. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
1 Replies
rem_drv(1M)															       rem_drv(1M)

NAME
rem_drv - remove a device driver from the system SYNOPSIS
rem_drv [-b basedir] device_driver The rem_drv command informs the system that the device driver device_driver is no longer valid. If possible, rem_drv unloads device_driver from memory. rem_drv also updates the system driver configuration files. If rem_drv has been executed, the next time the system is rebooted it automatically performs a reconfiguration boot (see kernel(1M)). The following options are supported: -b basedir Sets the path to the root directory of the diskless client. Used on the server to execute rem_drv for a client. The client machine must be rebooted to unload the driver. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -b option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). Example 1: Removing the sd Driver The following example removes the sd driver from use: example% rem_drv sd Example 2: Removing a Diskless Client The following example removes the driver from the sun1 diskless client. The driver is not uninstalled or unloaded until the client machine is rebooted. example% rem_drv -b /export/root/sun1 sd Note the caveat on the use of the -b option in the description of that option, above. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ add_drv(1M), kernel(1M), update_drv(1M), attributes(5), devfs(7FS) 6 Apr 2005 rem_drv(1M)