Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Replace a value in the file that start with quotes Post 302662529 by chandu123 on Tuesday 26th of June 2012 04:44:13 PM
Old 06-26-2012
Thank you..Code worked..

-Chandra..
This User Gave Thanks to chandu123 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace value with double quotes of specific coulmn value in csv file

Hi, I am trying to replace a specific column values in a csv file with double quotes. Example: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert,74538,12 2,Sam,07564,13 3,Kim, Ed,12345,14 Desired Output: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert Ken,74538,12 2,Sam Mik,"07564",13 3,"Kim, Ed",12345,14 I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace spaces between quotes with a variable

I have lines with: elseif (req.http.host ~ "^(www.)?edificationtube.com$|www.edificationtube.org www.edificationtube.net edificationtube.org www.edificationtube.com edificationtube.net") { elseif (req.http.host ~ "^(www.)?collegecontender.com$|www.collegecontender.com collegecontenders.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EXT3FSCK
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace double quotes in to ascii value?

Hi, I am getting the data from text file and it contains comma and double quootes. Eg: text file like this: Travelling up Cattai Ridge Rd, going through the "S" bends at the top. Felt a "pull" and pain in groin area, on right side after lifting at work. Repeat "twisting" while working manual... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh4851
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search replace strings between single quotes in a text file

Hi There... I need to serach and replace a strings in a text file. My file has; books.amazon='Let me read' and the output needed is books.amazon=NONFOUND pls if anybody know this can be done in script sed or awk.. i have a list of different strings to be repced by NONFOUND.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiano
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search replace strings between single quotes

Hi All, I need to serach and replace a strings between single quote in a file. My file has : location='/data1/test.log' and the output needed is location='/data2/test_dir/test.log' pls if anybody know this can be done in script sed or awk. I have a script, but it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space within quotes

i have an output that i receive and it looks like this: echo '/var/FTPROOT/px/sci/archive/20171102070057904-DY_DC04_Daily Inventory Sync-en-us.csv' '/var/FTPROOT/px/sci/archive/20171102070058291-DY_DC07_Daily Inventory Sync-en-us.csv' what i want to do is replace the spaces in the file names... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
putws(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						 putws(3C)

NAME
putws - convert a string of Process Code characters to EUC characters SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> #include <widec.h> int putws(wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
The putws() function converts the Process Code string (terminated by a (wchar_t)NULL) pointed to by s, to an Extended Unix Code (EUC) string followed by a NEWLINE character, and writes it to the standard output stream stdout. It does not write the terminal null character. RETURN VALUES
The putws() function returns the number of Process Code characters transformed and written. It returns EOF if it attempts to write to a file that has not been opened for writing. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level MT-Safe | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ferror(3C), fopen(3C), fread(3C), getws(3C), printf(3C), putwc(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Apr 1997 putws(3C)