Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk Post 302661695 by bartus11 on Monday 25th of June 2012 03:31:59 PM
Old 06-25-2012
Try:
Code:
awk '!/^[0-9]+$/&&p{print s;s=0;p=0};!/^[0-9]+$/;/^[0-9]+$/,/^[0-9]+$/{s+=$0;p=1}' file

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing specific lines in a file

Hi there I have a file which has the lines # Serial number for hostid EXP_SERIAL_="" These lines could be anywhere in the file as far as line numbers go, I would like replace these two lines with # Serial number for hostid $var1 EXP_SERIAL_$var1="$var2" Is there a quick and simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk to remove specific lines

I have searched the forum for this - forgive me if I missed a previous post. I have the following file: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah alter table "informix".esc_acct add constraint (foreign key (fi_id) references "informix".fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting specific 'id's from lines and columns using 'SED' or 'AWK'

Hello experts, I am new to this group and to 'SED' and 'AWK'. I have data (text file) with 5 columns (C_1-5) and 100s of lines (only 10 lines are shown below as an example). I have to find or select only the id numbers (C-1) of specific lines with '90' in the same line (of C_3) AND with '20' in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamskamu
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing specific lines with another lines

Hi, I have a file with many lines, then i have following list of lines(line number 5,12,19,5,and 28) i need to replace these lines of a file with another lines as shown below these text contains special charecter like= (/:;){} Line_number Text to replace with 5 abc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MILAN KUMAR
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. It is slightly different from my previous question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers (but no more than 10 numbers in series) whenever i find it and produce an output file with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk summing specific lines and fields

Hi I would like to know if it is possible to sum some specific fields. I have this x;x;x;x;x;x;x;x;467,390,611 Bytes;0.435291 GB;0.062247 GB;0.373045 GB;11,225;157 a;a;a;a;a;a;a;a;13,805,156,846 Bytes;12.857054 GB;1.838559 GB;11.018495 GB;151,063;18,933 b;b;b;b;b;b;b;b;232,797,478,723... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakaedu
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing lines matching a multi-line pattern (sed/perl/awk)

Dear Unix Forums, I am hoping you can help me with a pattern matching problem. What am I trying to do? I want to replace multiple lines of a text file (that match a multi-line pattern) with a single line of text. These patterns can span several lines and do not always have the same number of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thefang
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)