Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to search for pattern in odd lines? Post 302660563 by Corona688 on Friday 22nd of June 2012 03:56:23 PM
Old 06-22-2012
Code:
awk 'NR%2 { L=$0; next }; (L=="0")||(L=="1011") { print L; print }' datafile

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print lines between the search pattern

hi, I have a file say x.txt containing xxx 123 bla bla ... you xxx dfk dbf ... me xxx ... ... keeps on.. i need to search for pattern in the line starting xxx in the file. If pattern matched, I need to fetch all the lines till i find next xxx. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsshini
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search in multiple lines

Hi, I have to search those statements from the file which starts from "shanky"(only shanky, shanky09 or 09shanky is not allowed) and ends with ");". These two string can be in a same line or different line. And also i have to negate those lines which starts with #. Can any one please give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanky09
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern and Print including Lines in between

Gurus, I have a big file that needs to be sorted out and I cant figure out what to do. The file name is as below: Name: xxxx yyyy nnnn Description: dfffgs sdgsgsf hsfhhs afgghhjdgj fjklllll gsfhfh Updated: jafgadsgg gsg Corrected: date today The file consists of line like these. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read lines between search pattern

I have a file split something like 01/11/2010: No of users 100 02/11/2010: No of users 102 03/11/2010: No of users 99 ... I want to search the file for a particular date and then extract the following line with the date, something like 02/11/2010 No of users 102 I can grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern and read lines

Hi, I have a huge de-limited file which has pattern : 99"9876"2010-11-21 12:51:01"J"MNOPQRS ID# 2-1234-1234-0099-9876-0 "" <<read>> 99"9876"2010-11-21 12:51:01"K"R-EMP# 01234567 (LOGOFF) "" <<read>> 99"9876"2010-11-21 12:51:01"L" *AUTO LOGOFF* ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern on logfile and search for day/dates and skip duplicate lines if any

Hi, I've written a script to search for an Oracle ORA- error on a log file, print that line and the .trc file associated with it as well as the dateline of when I assumed the error occured. In most it is the first dateline previous to the error. Unfortunately, this is not a fool proof script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find to delete lines with pattern and even or odd number

In the below directory I am trying to delete all lines with a .bam extention that have the pattern IonCode_ followed by an even number. I am also trying to delete all lines with a .fastq extention that have the pattern IonCode_ followed by an odd number. I was going to use find but can see all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
load_datafile(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    load_datafile(3alleg4)

NAME
load_datafile - Loads a datafile into memory. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> DATAFILE *load_datafile(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Loads a datafile into memory in one go. If the datafile has been encrypted, you must first call packfile_password() to set the appropriate key. If the datafile contains truecolor graphics, you must set the video mode or call set_color_conversion() before loading it. Example: /* Load the resources for our game. */ DATAFILE *dat = load_datafile("game.dat"); if (!dat) abort_on_error("Couldn't load sound resources!"); /* Use resources. */ ... /* Destroy them when we don't need them any more. */ unload_datafile(dat); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the DATAFILE, or NULL on error. Remember to free this DATAFILE later to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
load_datafile_callback(3alleg4), unload_datafile(3alleg4), load_datafile_object(3alleg4), set_color_conversion(3alleg4), fixup_datafile(3alleg4), packfile_password(3alleg4), find_datafile_object(3alleg4), register_datafile_object(3alleg4), excustom(3alleg4), exdata(3alleg4), exexedat(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), exsprite(3alleg4), exunicod(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_datafile(3alleg4)