Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string Post 302655995 by cabrao on Thursday 14th of June 2012 06:07:54 AM
Old 06-14-2012
I'm not sure if I understood your problem, but is it this what you're looking for?

Code:
awk -F, -vQ="'" '/^INSERT INTO/&&$8=$13=$18=Q"0000-0000 00:00:00"Q' OFS=, file

Last edited by cabrao; 06-14-2012 at 07:13 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the position of a string and replace with another string

Hi, I have a file named "Test_2008_01_21" The file contains a string "manual" that occurs many times in the file How can i find the positions of the string "manual" in the file Ex: if the string " manual " occurs three times in the file. i want to replace the second occurance of string... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab123
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string and replace the searched string in the same position

Hi All, My requisite is to search for the string "0108"(which is the year and has come in the wrong year format) in a particular column say 4th column in a tab delimited file and then replace it with 2008(the correct year format) in the same position where 0108 was found..The issue is the last... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string and replace the searched string in the same position in samefile

Hi All, My requisite is to search for the string "0108"(which is the year and has come in the wrong year format) in a particular column say 4th column in a tab delimited file and then replace it with 2008(the correct year format) in the same position where 0108 was found in the same file..The... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
27 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search a string in the file and then replace another string after that position

Hi I am looking for a particular string in a file.If the string exists, then I want to replace another string with some other text.Once replaced, search for the same text after that character position in the file. :wall: E.g: Actual File content: Hello Name: Nitin Raj Welcome to Unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in a specific position

I asked this before, but my problem got more complicated. Heres what I am trying to do: I'm trying to replace a string at a certain location with another string. Heres the file I'm trying to change: \E I want to replace the escape code at the 3rd line, 2nd column with this escape code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string at a particular position and replace with blank based on position

Hi, I have a file with multiple lines(fixed width dat file). I want to search for '02' in the positions 45-46 and if available, in that lines, I need to replace value in position 359 with blank. As I am new to unix, I am not able to figure out how to do this. Can you please help me to achieve... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
mlib_VideoColorUYV444int_to_ARGBint(3MLIB)		    mediaLib Library Functions			mlib_VideoColorUYV444int_to_ARGBint(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_VideoColorUYV444int_to_ARGBint - color convert UYV interleaved to ARGB interleaved SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> void mlib_VideoColorUYV444int_to_ARGBint(mlib_u32 *ARGB, const mlib_u8 *UYV, const mlib_u8 *A_array, mlib_u8 A_const, mlib_s32 w, mlib_s32 h, mlib_s32 dlb, mlib_s32 slb, mlib_s32 alb); DESCRIPTION
The UYV pixel stream is converted into an ARGB pixel stream. All pixel components are 8-bit unsigned integers. All buffers have dimensions w and h. The alpha values for this function work in the following fashion: o If A_array pointer is not NULL, the values are taken from there. It has to have the same dimensions as the Y buffer. o If A_array pointer is NULL, the alpha values for every pixel are set to A_const. The following equation is used: |R| |1.1644 0.0000 1.5966| [|Y| | 16.0000|] |G| = |1.1644 -0.3920 -0.8132| * [|U| - |128.0000|] |B| |1.1644 2.0184 0.0000| [|V| |128.0000|] PARAMETERS
The function takes the following arguments: ARGB Pointer to output buffer. UYV Pointer to input buffer. A_array Array of alpha values. A_const Constant alpha value. w Image width in pixels. h Image height in lines. dlb Linebytes for output buffer. slb Linebytes for input buffer. alb Linebytes for alpha buffer. RETURN VALUES
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_VideoColorYUV420seq_to_ARGBint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorYUV411seq_to_ARGBint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorYUV422seq_to_ARGBint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorYUV444seq_to_ARGBint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorYUV420seq_to_ABGRint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorYUV411seq_to_ABGRint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorYUV422seq_to_ABGRint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorYUV444seq_to_ABGRint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorYUYV422int_to_ARGBint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorYUV444int_to_ARGBint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorYUYV422int_to_ABGRint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorYUV444int_to_ABGRint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorUYVY422int_to_ARGBint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorUYVY422int_to_ABGRint(3MLIB), mlib_VideoColorUYV444int_to_ABGRint(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Mar 2007 mlib_VideoColorUYV444int_to_ARGBint(3MLIB)