Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Start windows application (.bat) from Unix Post 302655741 by methyl on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 04:30:00 PM
Old 06-13-2012
Worth reading up on Microsoft SUA (Subsystem for Unix Applications) and SFU (Services for unix).

A quick Google of your keywords picked up this site (no endorsement or warrany implied, but quite a good read):
How to run a Windows BAT file from rsh command from UNIX (AIX) ?

Hmm: This is a classic case of someone presenting us with a solution "start .bat file" without presenting the problem or any information about the application (like whether it needs KVM) or the version of AIX.

I have written a unix Script to upload and run a Batch File on a Windows 2003 Server without any special software and just armed with my own Windows account username and password. This is such a horrendous security hole that I will not publish the method on the Internet even though I read it in a "tips" book!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

start windows appl. from unix

Is it possible to start a windows applications such as mail merge in word from a unix machine (sco-unix, digital osf). Why to do this ? Most people known word to create nice documents, but we want to print this documents with our information (name, adresses etc.. like a mailing. This info... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dplancke
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing *.bat file on windows from Unix box via ftp command

I have created get_list.bat file containing following line: dir /B /O-d >file_list.txt I am executing ftp command from Unix box and transferring get_list.bat file to windows server. In my next ftp command I am trying to execute this test.bat file by entering this line: get_list or by... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alx
9 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Urgent Need for Assistance: Triggering Windows bat files from UNIX

Hello, Is there a way to trigger a Windows bat file or program on a different machine from a different UNIX server using KSC file? I hope you can assist me with this. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Q about windows bat files

Hi, can you run a windows bat file or a VBscript from a shell script? #!/bin/sh PATH=/ $PATH/test.bat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmac
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing application on Windows from Unix machine

I have two machines, one running Windows and another one Unix over a network. I want to execute a batch file on the Windows machine using a script running on the Unix machine. I have tried creating a rsa key and transferrring it to the destination machine but it doesn't work. The purpose was to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
3 Replies

6. Programming

how to start a c++ exe on unix from windows.

I'm very new to c++ & unix programming. I have a c++ exe that runs on the unix box, but I am trying to write a c++ windows app that executes the program on unix. I have tried execv(), but it doesn't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong. Would really like to see examples if at all possible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch5082
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help needed to connect to windows from unix and run .bat file

Hi Can anyone tell if it is possible to connect from Unix to t a remote windows environment and run a .bat script. Do SSH/SFTP... serve my purpose..if s how.... if not which commands or scripts will help with my requiremnt. points on this are greatly honoured. Thanks in advance. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

bat file opening multiple IE windows

I'm trying to open multiple IE windows and enter the same text and press <enter> on each. Here's an example with what I have so far. REM Open @echo on start http://10.1.1.1 ping 1.1.1.1 -n 5 -w 1000 >nul @echo password start http://10.1.1.2 ping 1.1.1.1 -n 5 -w 1000 >nul @echo password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pitt
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To access UNIX server from Tk application running on Windows

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I want to know that if I make an application in Tk (version of Tcl to create GUI) in windows and want to run to UNIX server, is it possible ? In other words, can I access a UNIX server through a Tk application running on windows ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I start a cygwin application from windows 7 command prompt?

I have compiled an application called tmesh.exe, that was compiled for the cygwin, win7 platform. I wonder, if I do that outside X window, Is there a chance that I can run it on the command prompt of windows 7? (tmesh:4048): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: THANKS Jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
3 Replies
condor_store_cred(1)					      General Commands Manual					      condor_store_cred(1)

Name
       condor_store_cred securely - stash a password

Synopsis
       condor_store_cred [-help]

condor_store_credadd[ -c | -u username] [-p password] [-n machinename] [-f filename]

condor_store_creddelete[ -c | -u username] [-n machinename]

condor_store_credquery[ -c | -u username] [-n machinename]

Description
       condor_store_credstores passwords in a secure manner. There are two separate uses of condor_store_cred:

1.  A  shared  pool  password  is needed in order to implement the  PASSWORD authentication method. condor_store_cred using the -coption
	  deals with the password for the implied  condor_pool@$(UID_DOMAIN) user name.

On a Unix machine, condor_store_cred with the -foption is used to set the pool password, as needed when used with the  PASSWORD  authen-
	  tication method. The pool password is placed in a file specified by the  SEC_PASSWORD_FILE configuration variable.

2. In order to submit a job from a Windows platform machine, or to execute a job on a Windows platform machine utilizing the run_as_own-
	  erfunctionality, condor_store_cred stores the password of a user/domain pair securely in the Windows registry. Using this  stored  pass-
	  word,  Condor  may act on behalf of the submitting user to access files, such as writing output or log files. Condor is able to run jobs
	  with the user ID of the submitting user. The password is stored in the same manner as the system does when setting or  changing  account
	  passwords.

Passwords are stashed in a persistent manner; they are maintained across system reboots.

The  addargument on the Windows platform stores the password securely in the registry. The user is prompted to enter the password twice for
       confirmation, and characters are not echoed. If there is already a password stashed, the old password will be overwritten by the new  pass-
       word.

The deleteargument deletes the current password, if it exists.

The queryreports whether the password is stored or not.

Options
       -c

Operations refer to the pool password, as used in the  PASSWORD authentication method.

-f filename

For Unix machines only, generates a pool password file named filenamethat may be used with the  PASSWORD authentication method.

-help

Displays a brief summary of command options.

-n machinename

Apply the command on the given machine.

-p password

Stores password, rather than prompting the user to enter a password.

-u username

Specify the user name.

Exit Status
       condor_store_credwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					      condor_store_cred(1)