Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows XP keeps getting virus Post 302655597 by samnyc on Wednesday 13th of June 2012 11:36:44 AM
Old 06-13-2012
Windows XP keeps getting virus

Hi All,

My old laptop has Windows XP. I reinstalled only last month and installed AVG free anti-virus. It's like every month, I get some kind of spyware or virus issue. which anti-virus software you guys using?

Thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

do i have a virus???

nice board, makes interesting reading! glad to know im not the only one to have problems!! :D :D last week, our database started to crash (run on unix / solaris) for no apparant reason. the problem seems to be intermiant which lead us to believe it may be a hardware problem causing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virus????????

i tought you can;t get virus in unix ? i have some admins buddys that work in bsd all he time and they sayed you can;t get viurs in unix is that true? download.com is putting virux updates out for mac OS X ................ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can linux get a virus on the boot sec from windows? becuse my buddys computer micro trend cmos virus keeps telling him that there is a boot sec virus on my hdd is that possable or is the box being dumb and looking at the linux boot as a virus? it was set up as a windows box not a linux... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
4 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help Virus Attack Windows Oracle Patches.

Hi, Our Network is attacked by Virus. We are currently looking for all Oracle Database/Product (all possible versions) based patches. Kindly let us know from where can we get them. This is a very urgent requirement. With Thanks Vishwa. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

virus help:

:confused: folder option is dissapiaring in tool menu iam formatting c drive after removal of this virus & also regedit is also not opening the messerge say's administrater disabled with out formattiung how ican solve this problem i.e iwant to get folder options& regedit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home?

I used to have trendmicro I used it for free when I worked with a previous company, when I left I had to uninstall it and switched to using Zone Alarm. I tell you on some days I really want to pull my hair out when my PC really works like a snail and sometimes really so unresponsive for up to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
20 Replies
Scan(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Scan(3pm)

NAME
File::Scan - Perl extension for Scanning files for Viruses SYNOPSIS
use File::Scan; $fs = File::Scan->new([, OPTION ...]); $fs->set_callback( sub { my $filename = shift; my $bytes = shift; ... return("Callback Value"); } ); $fs->scan([FILE]); if(my $e = $fs->error) { print "$e "; } if(my $c = $fs->skipped) { print "file skipped ($c) "; } if($fs->suspicious) { print "suspicious file "; } if(my $res = $fs->callback) { print "$res "; } DESCRIPTION
This module is designed to allows users to scan files for known viruses. The purpose is to provide a perl module to make plataform independent virus scanners. METHODS
new([, OPTION ...]) This method create a new File::Scan object. The following keys are available: callback => 'subroutine reference' if the item is set then use a callback subroutine reference to provide extra information and functionalities. The callback subroutine have two arguments: filename and first 1024 bytes read from the file. This only work for binary files. extension => 'string' add the specified extension to the infected file move => 'directory' move the infected file to the specified directory copy => 'directory' copy the infected file to the specified directory mkdir => octal_number if the value is set to octal number then make the specified directories (example: mkdir => 0755). delete => 0 or 1 if the value is set to 1 delete the infected file max_txt_size => 'size in kbytes' scan only the text file if the file size is less then max_txt_size. The default value is 5120 kbytes. Set to 0 for no limit. max_bin_size => 'size in kbytes' scan only the binary file if the file size is less then max_bin_size. The default value is 10240 kbytes. Set to 0 for no limit. scan([FILE]) This method scan a file for viruses and return the name of virus if a virus is found. set_callback([SUBREF]) This method is another way to install a callback subroutine reference. Take a look in callback kay. skipped() This method return a code number if the file was skipped and 0 if not. The following skipped codes are available: 0 file not skipped 1 file is not vulnerable 2 file has zero size 3 the size of file is small 4 the text file size is greater that the 'max_txt_size' argument 5 the binary file size is greater that the 'max_bin_size' argument suspicious() This method return 1 if the file is suspicious and 0 if not. callback() This method return the result from the callback subroutine. error() This method return a error message if a error happens. AUTHOR
Henrique Dias <hdias@aesbuc.pt> CREDITS
Thanks to Rui de Castro, Sergio Castro, Ricardo Oliveira, Antonio Campelo, Branca Silveira, Helena Gomes and Anita Afonso for the help. Thanks to Fernando Martins for the personal collection of viruses. SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.10.0 2009-07-19 Scan(3pm)