Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script to start program and answer prompts? Post 302655089 by lanew on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 06:49:17 PM
Old 06-12-2012
Thank You!

Bartus, you are the man! That worked better than I could have expected. Flawless. Thank you very much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I start a program when I start my Computer?

I'm running MAC OS X and I'm wondering how I start 'nixey programs (not normal apps) on startup? Things like the dnet client and hxd Hotline Server. Anyone know? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l008com
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script answer prompts?

Hi, I'm writing a script that calls a function to generate a certificate. In generating this certificate, I'm asked a series of questions. I was wondering, is there a way to pre-program my script to answer these questions in the same way all the time. I saw something like EOF>> y EOF ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Program that prompts for user Id

Hi I have a question that after trying tirelessly I cant solve. I'm not great wth UNIX and wonder if anyone could help. I have to create a shell program using functions that prompts for a user ID. I must then verify that the user Id corresponds to an account on the system. If a legal user Id is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmg2711
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Program that prompts for user Id

Hi I have a question that after trying tirelessly I cant solve. I'm not great wth UNIX and wonder if anyone could help. I have to create a shell program using functions that prompts for a user ID. I must then verify that the user Id corresponds to an account on the system. If a legal user Id is... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmg2711
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Bash answer prompt

I am working with a script to simplyfy some operations where I work, but one of the programs needs me to enter a password. It will as me "Please enter the administrator password:" Is there a way to make a bash script to automatically answer the question with the needed password? I am looking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Run Program from Bash CGI-Script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This is a problem I am having with my 2 semester senior project. I have a LAMP server running Ubuntu 9.10 with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JMooney5115
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with bash shell script program

Hi, This is my program. #!/bin/bash today=`date +"%b-%d-%Y"` SERVICE="pbxconnect.php" if ; then echo "pbx program is running" else nohup php pbxconnect.php > logpbx-$today.txt & fi On executing using "sh myprogram.sh" , i get the following error. myprogram.sh: line 4: ' My... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gskumar1234
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scrolling through text while interacting with program prompts

Hi all, I am trying write a shell script to automate the installation of a program, but during the process of the installation, the installation program requires the user to scroll through 10 pages of a license agreement. Since this is coming from stdout and is not a prompt, I am unable to send... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanlee
4 Replies

10. Programming

Putting bash script in C program

suppose i have a bash script: #!/bin/bash echo "hello" echo "how are you" echo "today" how can i put the entire script above into a basic c program? i do not want to translate the bash code to a c code. i want C to run the bash code. is this possible? i found this on the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
15 Replies
NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)				      General Commands Manual				       NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)

NAME
nautilus-scripts-manager - easy tool for nautilus scripts management SYNOPSIS
nautilus-scripts-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nautilus-scripts-manager command. nautilus-scripts-manager is a program that allows any user to easily manage installed Nautilus scripts. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. COMMANDS
One (and only one) of the following commands can be passed: -e, --enable=ENABLE Enable script ENABLE. -d, --disable=DISABLE Disable script DISABLE. -l, --list-enabled List enabled scripts. -a, --list-available List available scripts. If no command is provided, the graphical interface is started. OPTIONS
-e, --position=POSITION In conjunction with -e or -d: establish the position of the script (can be just a name, or a path with slashes - quote it if it con- tains spaces). SEE ALSO
nautilus(1), AUTHOR
nautilus-scripts-manager and this manual page were written by Pietro Battiston <me@pietrobattiston.it>. This manual page was written for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 14, 2009 NAUTILUS-SCRIPTS-MANAGER(1)