"Script to change file name"

Post #302655031 by neutronscott on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 03:47:01 PM

Full Discussion: Script to change file name
functionally the same sed but shorter without back-references sed 's/\.[^.]*$/_failed&/' Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to neutronscott For This Post:

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #937
Difficulty: Medium
The echo reply is an ICMP message generated in response to an echo request; it is optional for all hosts, and must include the exact payload received in the request.
True or False?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to change value in file

Hi, I have a parameter file and it contains following items $ cat TransactionParams From_Date_Parm=2005-02-25 To_Date_Parm=2005-05-25 Extract_Root_Parm=/detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/CTI_London/IAM Extract_Type_Parm=Transaction EDW_Database_Parm=hdw_erks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopskrish
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to ftp file (ip change)

Hi All, If I want to ftp files from machine to local pc. But the ip must change everytime :( (due to VPN), can I write a script to easiler (no need to update ip in script)? user_name=aaa password=bbb cat ip.txt # # FTP the files # ftp -d -in 199.200.204.109 <<EOF user $user_name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help script to change the log file?

Hi I have log like this : And i want the log become like this : can somebody help me?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script for know when a file change it

Hi, IŽd like to know how to program a shell script for know when a file changes and based on that make another tasks all this in real time.. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrios7
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change file contents using script

Hi, Requirement:- Need to change pfile,so while executing script,it has to go to pfile location(ORACLE_HOME/dbs) and open init<SID>.ora file and change value db_name=<>. If db_name=abcd,script will change the db_name=1234 likr that.. Please help to code this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanal
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to change a line in file....

Hello all, I have a line of code in a file that I need to change in the /etc/sysconfig/kdump file presently the line reads: KDUMP_COMMANDLINE_APPEND="irqpoll nr_cpus=1 reset_devices cgroup_disable=memory mce=off" what I need to do is put a comment out the 1st line and repeat it, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change values in .conf file with a script

This is my first time posting here...so be gentle. Suppose I have a test.conf file that contains a value such as a IP. I would like to be able to use the Dialog Utility in Linux to allow me to enter the new IP in a Dialog form...and the results get saved into the test.conf file in the place... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: calahanp
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change the file at one go on different UNIX machines

Hi Folks , I have a query that is I have a server (unix machhine) to which I login thru winscp or putty , mostly I use putty and at a particular location there is one xml(abc.xml) while which I change , let say 1) I login to first unix box hostname :- ccc74 username ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change name of a file with date

I have a file that contains todays date(for ex- test_08/30/2013) Now I want a script which will run and change the name of the file and put yesterday's date (for ex- test_08/29/2013) Please help. ---------- Post updated at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:31 AM ---------- I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change file names

I have a landing directory on my unix (solaris) server, that receives the following files: MLH4301I AAOT-hhslog.610.20150805.txt MLH4301I AAOT-hhslog.611.20150805.txt MLH4301I AAOT-hhslog.612.20150805.txt MLH4301I AAOT-hhslog.613.20150805.txt and I need to add to this files the number 10000... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

Featured Tech Videos