Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiple file rename
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Multiple file rename Post 302654821 by Peasant on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 09:54:56 AM
Old 06-12-2012
Here is my try as well for the entire operation :

Position yourself in working folder (series folder)
Code:
ls -1 *.avi  | sed 's/.*\([Ss][0-9]\{1,2\}[Ee][0-9]\{1,2\}\)\(.*\)/mv "&" "\1\2" /g' # | bash

If you are satisfied with the result pipe it to bash (remove the comment #)
It should work with spaces in filenames and any <series name>, condition is that it respects the format S num num E num num

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with multiple file rename - change case of part of file name

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this problem : I have a directory (/var/www/file/imgprofil) which contains about 10000 JPG files. They have a naming convention thus : prefix-date-key-suffix.jpg they all have the prefix p-20050608- then AAAA is a 4 letter code the suffix is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve7
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command to rename multiple files that retain some portion of the original file nam

Well the title is not too good, so I will explain. I need to move (rename) files using a simple AIX script. ???file1.txt ???file2.txt ???file1a.txt ???file2a.txt to be: ???renamedfile1'date'.txt ???renamedfile2'date'.txt ???renamedfile1a'date'.txt ???renamedfile2a'date'.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimace15
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename multiple file from file listing

I am new at Linux/UNIX programming. Here is my problem. I had one big file which I split using the command csplit -k -s -f april.split. april '/^ISA/' '{10000}' So now I have multiple files with names april.split.01 april.split.02 april.split.03 But I need the name of the file like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yshahiac
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple file rename (change in filename in unix with single command

Dear All, Please help ! i ham having 300 file with E.G. PMC1_4567.arc in seq. like PMC1_4568.arc,PMC1_4569.arc ...n and so on.. i want all those file to be rename like PMC_4567.arc ,PMC_4568.arc .. mean i want to remove 1 from first file name .. pls help.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moon_22
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For Loop To Rename Multiple Files Finds One Non-existant File

Okay so here's something that's confusing me: I have a script that's designed to remove the words "new_" from the front of any file except two exceptions and it looks something like this... for i in new_* do if ] && ]; then j=`echo "$i"|cut -c5-` mv $i $j fi done ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korn0474
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename multiple file names in a directory

I hope some one can help me I have multiple files in a directory with out extension like as below mentioned. But i want to change all the file names along .DDMMYYYYHHMISS format. And all files should have same DDMMYYYYHHMISS. Scenario: direcory name = /vol/best/srcfiles files in a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hari001
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple file rename

I've been googling for days but can't find a solution to this problem. I have a number of sets of files on a server file02.dat . . file12.dat /.../fred(1 to n)/bill(1 to m)/tony/joe/ in any "fred" branch there will be one or more "bill"s some joe/'s may not have a fileset and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabreur
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple File Rename based on pattern - one line

All, I wanted to copy the files From: Daily_XYZ_TEST_1.csv Daily_XYZ_TEST_2.csv Daily_XYZ_TEST_3.csv Daily_XYZ_TEST_4.csv To: Daily_ABC_TEST_1.csv Daily_ABC_TEST_2.csv Daily_ABC_TEST_3.csv Daily_ABC_TEST_4.csv I have tried the rename command but it is not working (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename Multiple Files

Hey guys, I am the definition of a newbie. I am in the process of trying to rip all my dvds onto a new HTPC I setup. While doing this, I am also trying to organize a bunch of other files I already have to proper naming conventions. So far I have just been naming each file separately (I am on a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ralze34
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename multiple file names?

Hi all, I need to rename more file name in one command or script. The files have this structure: XxY - filename.doc where X and Y are numbers and the x is the letter itself. I need to rename these files with this structure: string.S0XEY.filename.doc the string is a suffix that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
8 Replies
TCHMTTEST(1)							   Tokyo Cabinet						      TCHMTTEST(1)

NAME
tchmttest - test cases of the hash database API DESCRIPTION
The command `tchmttest' is a utility for facility test under multi-thread situation. This command is used in the following format. `path' specifies the path of a database file. `tnum' specifies the number of running threads. `rnum' specifies the number of iterations. `bnum' specifies the number of buckets. `apow' specifies the power of the alignment. `fpow' specifies the power of the free block pool. tchmttest write [-tl] [-td|-tb|-tt|-tx] [-rc num] [-xm num] [-df num] [-nl|-nb] [-as] [-rnd] path tnum rnum [bnum [apow [fpow]]] Store records with keys of 8 bytes. They change as `00000001', `00000002'... tchmttest read [-rc num] [-xm num] [-df num] [-nl|-nb] [-wb] [-rnd] path tnum Retrieve all records of the database above. tchmttest remove [-rc num] [-xm num] [-df num] [-nl|-nb] [-rnd] path tnum Remove all records of the database above. tchmttest wicked [-tl] [-td|-tb|-tt|-tx] [-nl|-nb] [-nc] path tnum rnum Perform updating operations selected at random. tchmttest typical [-tl] [-td|-tb|-tt|-tx] [-rc num] [-xm num] [-df num] [-nl|-nb] [-nc] [-rr num] path tnum rnum [bnum [apow [fpow]] Perform typical operations selected at random. tchmttest race [-tl] [-td|-tb|-tt|-tx] [-xm num] [-df num] [-nl|-nb] path tnum rnum [bnum [apow [fpow]] Perform race condition test. Options feature the following. -tl : enable the option `HDBTLARGE'. -td : enable the option `HDBTDEFLATE'. -tb : enable the option `HDBTBZIP'. -tt : enable the option `HDBTTCBS'. -tx : enable the option `HDBTEXCODEC'. -rc num : specify the number of cached records. -xm num : specify the size of the extra mapped memory. -df num : specify the unit step number of auto defragmentation. -nl : enable the option `HDBNOLCK'. -nb : enable the option `HDBLCKNB'. -as : use the function `tchdbputasync' instead of `tchdbput'. -rnd : select keys at random. -wb : use the function `tchdbget3' instead of `tchdbget'. -nc : omit the comparison test. -rr num : specify the ratio of reading operation by percentage. This command returns 0 on success, another on failure. SEE ALSO
tchtest(1), tchmgr(1), tchdb(3), tokyocabinet(3) Man Page 2011-02-12 TCHMTTEST(1)