Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to recover deleted file in Solaris? Post 302654679 by nikhil kasar on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 07:05:32 AM
Old 06-12-2012
thanks for your replay
we did not take the backup and we don't have any snapshot also.

is there any other way to recover the files.
can we recover from lost+found ?
can we recover from partition of the mount point ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover deleted files

Is there a Unix tool, like in Novell, to recover accidentally deleted files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
2 Replies

2. AIX

recover deleted files

How to recover deleted files in AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to Recover a deleted file in SOLARIS

Anybody know how to recover a deleted file in unix Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmsuper
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover deleted file in unix

hi after using rm command how to recover the deleted file (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
7 Replies

5. Solaris

how to recover from deleted etc in solaris 9

Recently our Server Room got burnt and we lost everything including a sunfire V880 server. I had a backup and restored it on our 2nd server. I mistakenly restored the etc folder from the burnt server too. After rebooting the 2nd server I can't get the root directory and other volumes mounting. I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
11 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Recover deleted partition

Hi, I have got 2 hdds (2x Seagate 7200.12, 500GB). I had two RAID volumes on them: 1: 100GB RAID0 (strip) 2: ~415GB RAID1 (mirror) due to problems with matrix I removed RAID0 and RAID1 - i thougth that all data from RAID1 would be available. Unfortunately it is not. On 1 disk I set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover deleted file?

Hi All By mistake i have deleted some file in a directory, is there any way to get it back in Unix( i am using sh ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to recover the deleted file in Linux?

hi, i deleted one file from linux please let me know, if we can recover it ? if yes, pls let me know the steps to do.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
3 Replies
undbx(1)							       undbx								  undbx(1)

NAME
undbx - a tool to extract e-mails from Outlook Express .dbx files. SYNOPSIS
undbx [options]<DBX-DIRECTORY|DBX-FILE>[<OUTPUT-DIRECTORY>] DESCRIPTION
undbx is a tool to extract, recover and undelete e-mails messages from Outlook Express .dbx files. Email are extracted in individual .eml files. When a target directory is specified, undbx will extract e-mails from dbx files found in this directory. Instead of providing a target directory, the usr can provide a target dbx file. When no output directory is specified, undbx will extract emails in a subdirectory of the current directory. In normal mode (not recovery), a message is extracted only if there is no corresponding .eml file in the destination directory. On the other hand, if a .eml file exists in the destination directory and no corresponding mail is found in the .dbx file, the mail is con- sidered deleted and undbx will delete this .eml file. This way, undbx can be used as an synchronization backup tool for .dbx files. The file names of .eml files are composed by the From, To and Subjec: header fields. The modification time of each file is set to match the date specified in the Date field of the mail header. OPTIONS
--help Provides a short help message. --recover undbx attempt to recover e-mail messages from a corrupted .dbx file. In this mode fragments of messages are collected into .eml files. This may take a long time and some messages maybe corrupted. Also, all messages are extracted, not only the new ones. --version Shows the version string SEE ALSO
pffinfo(1) pffexport(1) munpack(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christophe Monniez <christophe.monniez@fccu.be> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. February 23, 2011 undbx(1)