Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Configuring Apache an php Directory root. Post 302654043 by asak on Monday 11th of June 2012 07:26:41 AM
Old 06-11-2012
Question Configuring Apache an php Directory root.

Hi ,

I have installed apache and configured Document root as /home
Code:
DocumentRoot "/home"

The files under home directory is listed on the web server, i have one text file under "/home/test/1.txt" i can view the file when i set DocumentRoot to /home.

But when i change Document root to
Code:
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

i am not able to view the file
which is under test dir i.e the file
Code:
/home/test/1.txt

Can anyone please help me how to configure apache httpd.conf file such that
Document root must be
Code:
/var/www/html

and in mean time i can able to list and view/open file which is under my directory
Code:
/home/user/test/

through web browser.

Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Change the root directory for apache, sshd and ftpd

Helo ! I want to do something and I don't know where to start... I want to make a small web hosting server (just for me and a few friends) and for the sake of learning I'd like to make an account for every user. The thing is that I want everyone to log into the server and to be put in his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
3 Replies

2. AIX

Problem:Configuring Apache 2.2.11 in AIX 5.3

Hi All I am new to Apache and AIX and trying to configure Subversion tool in IBM machine with AIX 5.3.Apache is required for client to connect to Subversion Server with http protocol. 1.Installed Apache 2.2.11 and its dependencies via RPM 2.Configured httpd.conf file. 3.Started "httpd"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajivdp
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display only Owner and directory/sub directory names under particular root

hai, I am new to Unix, I have a requirement to display owner name , directory or sub directory name, who's owner name is not equal to "oasitqtc". (here "oasitqtc" is the owner of the directory or sub directory.) i have a command (below) which will display all folders and sub folders, but i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help configuring apache

In this configuration file I added in /etc/httpd/conf.d, lets call it application.conf, and for some cgi scripts found outside the document root for the apache server, lets call the foreign folder /path/to/scripts/outside/documentroot, I'd like to know how to get it where the user types in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Allowing a backup of a directory through apache/php

I've made a webpage has a button that backs up the /var/www directory to a mounted USB drive. Assume that the page that this is on is completely safe and there is no way that anyone can see it. (unless actually relevant) PHP code for the button: (I'm quite sure this isn't the issue, it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuvvvie
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing directory with leading hyphen from root directory

I know that this basic question has been asked many times and solutions all over the internet, but none of the are working for me. I have a directory in the root directory, named "-p". # ls -l / total 198 <snip> drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Dec 3 14:18 opt drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
2 Replies

7. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)