Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware X terminal: Redirecting remote sound to my local audio device Post 302654001 by semash! on Monday 11th of June 2012 06:16:24 AM
Old 06-11-2012
Excellent! I'll give it a try and post here my results.
Thank you very much, Peasant. (y)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting one terminal into an other??

Hi guys; I want to show what am I doing on a terminal into another. I did something close but its not working really good. Example: cat /dev/pts/12 >/dev/pts/13 where 12 is my terminal and 13 its the other terminal. This is usefull for me to share my small unix knowledge to other people... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sound card and audio song

Hello, How can i install the sound card on solaris 9.00 and also, how can i play MP3 and audio songs on solaris.... pls provide me the complete steps.... thnks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taurian1234
4 Replies

3. Linux

No Sound [Sigmatel C-Major Audio] :: Fedora 7

I've been fighting for a few days now with trying to get my soundcard to recognize. I am currently using a Latitude D630 with Sigmatel C-Major Audio using the Intel ICH8 Family. My problem appears to be that the computer cannot detect a sound card but it was only able to install default drivers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grid-lyn
0 Replies

4. Linux

Non exclusive sound device access!!

Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys know of way to make applications that use sound device on linux to access it in a "non-exclusive manner", the aim is to be able to use more than one application that requires the sound device. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to a local file after sshing

ssh $USR@$host /bin/bash <<EOF awk ' BEGIN{f=0} !f { s=$0; sub(/,.+/, "", s); gsub(//, " ", s); t=(systime()-mktime(s)); if(t<=14400) f=1 } f ' /home/error.log >> error.txt EOFWe are trying to connect to a remote server through ssh and read values from error.log within last 4 hours.However, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepthz
3 Replies

6. Programming

Redirecting Terminal to Local Application!

i wanted to execute some terminal commands on local linux, parse their output and display it to the user, i checked netcat source code but i couldnt understance it since im new to c (and linux at the same time). so i was wondering if there is away to run an instance of terminal hidden, read and... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonhyM
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sound Device

hi all i have a problem that if i use something like firefox it will grab the sound device and not release it, so i can not use skype is there a command to see what is using the audio device i am using Fedora thaks Adam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting the terminal to file

Hi, I want to save the whole Output of the terminal in a file. I dont want to redirect a single command to a file (ls -l > test.txt), I want to redirect the whole last 40 lines into a file. Maybe i can read out the terminal while working with it, but i cant find a way to save the whole... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niratschi
2 Replies

9. Hardware

No sound device in Solaris 11 running in Parallels (MacBook Pro)

I'm new to Solaris. I was able to installed Solaris 11 running GNOME. I tried to detect sound/audio but the message given that "No volume control GStreamer plugins and/or devices found". There is no dev/audio but there are audio drivers such as gstreamer installed when I checked using Solaris... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abang Annuar
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting terminal to variable

when i do something like this: bona=$(echo hi2 > /dev/pts/1 ; printf '%s\n' "" | sed '/^$/d') i get: hi2 and the $bona variable is empty, when I run: echo ${bona} i get the result "hi2" outside of the variable. I want it stored in the bona variable with nothing outputted to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
integer(3pm)                                             Perl Programmers Reference Guide                                             integer(3pm)

NAME
integer - Perl pragma to use integer arithmetic instead of floating point SYNOPSIS
use integer; $x = 10/3; # $x is now 3, not 3.33333333333333333 DESCRIPTION
This tells the compiler to use integer operations from here to the end of the enclosing BLOCK. On many machines, this doesn't matter a great deal for most computations, but on those without floating point hardware, it can make a big difference in performance. Note that this only affects how most of the arithmetic and relational operators handle their operands and results, and not how all numbers everywhere are treated. Specifically, "use integer;" has the effect that before computing the results of the arithmetic operators (+, -, *, /, %, +=, -=, *=, /=, %=, and unary minus), the comparison operators (<, <=, >, >=, ==, !=, <=>), and the bitwise operators (|, &, ^, <<, >>, |=, &=, ^=, <<=, >>=), the operands have their fractional portions truncated (or floored), and the result will have its fractional portion truncated as well. In addition, the range of operands and results is restricted to that of familiar two's complement integers, i.e., -(2**31) .. (2**31-1) on 32-bit architectures, and -(2**63) .. (2**63-1) on 64-bit architectures. For example, this code use integer; $x = 5.8; $y = 2.5; $z = 2.7; $a = 2**31 - 1; # Largest positive integer on 32-bit machines $, = ", "; print $x, -$x, $x + $y, $x - $y, $x / $y, $x * $y, $y == $z, $a, $a + 1; will print: 5.8, -5, 7, 3, 2, 10, 1, 2147483647, -2147483648 Note that $x is still printed as having its true non-integer value of 5.8 since it wasn't operated on. And note too the wrap-around from the largest positive integer to the largest negative one. Also, arguments passed to functions and the values returned by them are not affected by "use integer;". E.g., srand(1.5); $, = ", "; print sin(.5), cos(.5), atan2(1,2), sqrt(2), rand(10); will give the same result with or without "use integer;" The power operator "**" is also not affected, so that 2 ** .5 is always the square root of 2. Now, it so happens that the pre- and post- increment and decrement operators, ++ and --, are not affected by "use integer;" either. Some may rightly consider this to be a bug -- but at least it's a long-standing one. Finally, "use integer;" also has an additional affect on the bitwise operators. Normally, the operands and results are treated as unsigned integers, but with "use integer;" the operands and results are signed. This means, among other things, that ~0 is -1, and -2 & -5 is -6. Internally, native integer arithmetic (as provided by your C compiler) is used. This means that Perl's own semantics for arithmetic operations may not be preserved. One common source of trouble is the modulus of negative numbers, which Perl does one way, but your hardware may do another. % perl -le 'print (4 % -3)' -2 % perl -Minteger -le 'print (4 % -3)' 1 See "Pragmatic Modules" in perlmodlib, "Integer Arithmetic" in perlop perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 integer(3pm)