Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reading the dates from a file & moving the files from a directory Post 302653411 by spacebar on Friday 8th of June 2012 09:01:59 PM
Old 06-08-2012
This will do it for you:
Code:
for x in `sed 's/^SUB_DATE = //;s/,/\n/g' test.txt`
do
  mv /source_directory/a.$x /target_directory
done

# File test.txt has records like:
SUB_DATE = 20120608,20120607,20120606,20120606

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to spacebar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading files for specific dates

assume files are in a directory /data $ ls -ltr Just displaying Data and file name: 01/01/2004 file_3434_typea.dat 01/01/2004 file_3423_typea.dat 01/01/2004 file_3436_typea.dat 01/01/2004 file_3434_typeb.dat 01/01/2004 file_3423_typeb.dat 01/01/2004 file_3436_typeb.dat ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva_jm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on reading dates in folders/files

Hi All, I have some folder that are named "FOLDERYYYYMM". I'm trying to piece together a .sh script that will look for the folder with the date. How can I get shell to see the date? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files listed in a data file to a new directory using Perl

Hi, I have a data file that lists a number of files. I want to move the files named in that one to another directory. Here's what I have: #!/usr/bin/perl -w open(FILE, "<collision.txt"); my @lines=<FILE>; foreach my $lines (@lines) { system("mv $lines collisions/."); } close(FILE); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: renthead720
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help in reading N days files from a Directory & combining the files

Hi All, Request your expertise in tackling one requirement in my project,(i dont have much expertise in Shell Scripting). The requirement is as below, 1) We store the last run date of a process in a file. When the batch run the next time, it should read this file, get the last run date from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

I have a environment property file which contains: Input file: value1 = url1 value2 = url2 value3 = url3 and so on. I need to search all *.xml files under directory for value1 and replace it with url1. Same thing I have to do for all values mentioned in input file. I need script in unix bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamkamde
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files into dirs corresponding to dates

I am trying to find a way to move files into corresponding date files. i=0 while read line do array="$line" (( i++ )) done < <(ls) cd $(echo ${array}) echo ${array}} pwd #cd "$(array}" ] || mkdir 2015 cd "2015" ] || mkdir 02-February ] || mkdir 03-March ] || mkdir... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
10 Replies

10. Red Hat

Moving files with specific dates

Hi, These are the list of files in one directory in the server : # ls -lrt total 10120 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4484 Jul 8 2011 install.log.syslog -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 51890 Jul 8 2011 install.log -rw------- 1 root root 3140 Jul 8 2011 anaconda-ks.cfg drwxr-xr-x 2 root root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
load_dat_font(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    load_dat_font(3alleg4)

NAME
load_dat_font - Loads a FONT from an Allegro datafile. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *load_dat_font(const char *filename, RGB *pal, void *param) DESCRIPTION
Loads a FONT from an Allegro datafile. You can set param parameter to point to an array that holds two strings that identify the font and the palette in the datafile by name. The first string in this list is the name of the font. You can pass NULL here to just load the first font found in the datafile. The second string can be used to specify the name of the palette associated with the font. This is only returned if the pal parameter is not NULL. If you pass NULL for the name of the palette, the last palette found before the font was found is returned. You can also pass NULL for param, which is treated as if you had passed NULL for both strings separately. In this case, the function will simply load the first font it finds from the datafile and the palette that precedes it. For example, suppose you have a datafile named `fonts.dat' with the following contents: FONT FONT_1_DATA FONT FONT_2_DATA FONT FONT_3_DATA PAL FONT_1_PALETTE PAL FONT_2_PALETTE Then the following code will load FONT_1_DATA as a FONT and return FONT_1_PALETTE as the palette: FONT *f; PALETTE pal; char *names[] = { "FONT_1_DATA", "FONT_1_PALETTE" } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", pal, names); If instead you want to load the second font, FONT_2, from the datafile, you would use: FONT *f; PALETTE pal; char *names[] = { "FONT_2_DATA", "FONT_2_PALETTE" } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", pal, names); If you want to load the third font, but not bother with a palette, use: FONT *f; char *names[] = { "FONT_3_DATA", NULL } f = load_dat_font("fonts.dat", NULL, names); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
register_font_file_type(3alleg4), load_font(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_dat_font(3alleg4)