Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clock doesn't tick
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Clock doesn't tick Post 302653189 by Corona688 on Friday 8th of June 2012 01:45:48 PM
Old 06-08-2012
I've seen lots of computers reset their time and date when the battery dies, but simply stopping...? That's a new one on me. The article doesn't mention this either -- it says "consistently wrong", and this clock is anything but consistent.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock Trouble

Hey ppl, i was wonddering, in mandrake, how to get the clok to display the time in non-military format....hehe thank you im just tired of looking at 18:00 hehe thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
2 Replies

2. Programming

clock() function

Hey all, i need a program to get the CPU ticks at certain points of my program. So, i thought about using the clock function, but i'm having a hard time figuring out how it really works. I wrote this simple program to try to understand it but it made me feel more confused: #include <stdio.h>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kastrup_carioca
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clock change

Hi We had a AIX box built last year but was set to the correct GMT time, but using DST time zone. In march this year the clocks went forward without issues. (if I remember a couple of weeks early due to the DST zone) This year we decided to change the clock to the correct time zone before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markab2
0 Replies

4. Linux

kernel:how to modify and read the tick rate:HZ

hi, one of our customer is facing an issue with jiffies wrap up. on a 32 bit machine, the variable jiffies count upto 472 days. the customer's server was up for 472 days ('uptime') and to reproduce the same, i tried to change the variable HZ in linux-2.6..23.9/include/asm-i386/param.h from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Bugs with clock()

Hi there!!! Need your help in solving some tricky problems. Since clock() as such is buggy on SUN OS 5 we have started using gettimeofday() in our RTOS applications based on Solaris 9. The problems we actually encountered previously were - the applications kind of freeze/hang eternally on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

6. Programming

problem with clock()

#include<iostream> #include<time.h> using namespace std; int main() { system("date"); clock_t start = clock(); int i=9*8; while(i--) { int j=9999999; while(j--); } clock_t end = clock(); double elapsed =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Cannot see 'tick boxes' and other contents when installed programmes using Wine. Is there any other

Hi! I have installed ubuntu out of an error, a bit of frustration, a bit of annoyance and a bit of excitement! I am (was!) a windows user. I had windows 7 on my laptop. You might already know how famous windows is with nasty viruses. I got one too! Had no option but to get rid of the whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubuntu_noob
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert tick to new lines

i can convert ticks to new lines using something like this: tr '`' '\n' < filename or tr "\`" "\n" < filename or vice versa tr '\n' '`' < filename or tr "\n" "\`" < filename however, this command seems to not work the same on every system. it works on ubuntu, and it works on redhat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

9. Programming

Ardunio Tick-Tock DS1307 RTC Shield Basics

This arrived in the mail from China a few days ago and, for the small money, has been a lot of fun. Clock Shield RTC module DS1307 module Multifunction Expansion Board with 4 Digit Display Light Sensor and Thermistor For Arduino This board is a lot of fun for a few bucks. It has a low... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(9F)				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 			      csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(9F)

NAME
csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY - parse the Battery Replacement Date tuple SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/pccard.h> int32_t csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(client_handle_t ch, tuple_t *tu, cistpl_battery_t *cb); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI Specific (Solaris DDI) PARAMETERS
ch Client handle returned from csx_RegisterClient(9F). tu Pointer to a tuple_t structure (see tuple(9S)) returned by a call to csx_GetFirstTuple(9F) or csx_GetNextTuple(9F). cb Pointer to a cistpl_battery_t structure which contains the parsed CISTPL_BATTERY tuple information upon return from this function. DESCRIPTION
This function parses the Battery Replacement Date tuple, CISTPL_BATTERY, into a form usable by PC Card drivers. The CISTPL_BATTERY tuple is an optional tuple which shall be present only in PC Cards with battery-backed storage. It indicates the date on which the battery was replaced, and the date on which the battery is expected to need replacement. Only one CISTPL_BATTERY tuple is allowed per PC Card. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
The structure members of cistpl_battery_t are: uint32_t rday; /* date battery last replaced */ uint32_t xday; /* date battery due for replacement */ The fields are defined as follows: rday This field indicates the date on which the battery was last replaced. xday This field indicates the date on which the battery should be replaced. RETURN VALUES
CS_SUCCESS Successful operation. CS_BAD_HANDLE Client handle is invalid. CS_UNKNOWN_TUPLE Parser does not know how to parse tuple. CS_NO_CARD No PC Card in socket. CS_NO_CIS No Card Information Structure (CIS) on PC Card. CS_UNSUPPORTED_FUNCTION No PCMCIA hardware installed. CONTEXT
This function may be called from user or kernel context. SEE ALSO
csx_GetFirstTuple(9F), csx_GetTupleData(9F), csx_RegisterClient(9F), csx_ValidateCIS(9F), tuple(9S) PC Card 95 Standard, PCMCIA/JEIDA SunOS 5.11 20 Dec 1996 csx_Parse_CISTPL_BATTERY(9F)