Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl file handling error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl file handling error Post 302652127 by Corona688 on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 03:02:33 PM
Old 06-06-2012
how about,
Code:
if(!defined($word1)) { $word1=""; } print TEMP "$word1\t";

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file handling problem in perl......

Hi, I am opening a file......then i am wrting some data into it......and i am reopening the file again but ......i get a error cannot open file....... $::file= "\adder\testfile.txt" open(TEST1,$::file); some write operation close(TEST1) open(TEST1,$::file) 'I GET A ERROR CAN OPEN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl revers File handling

Hi Experts, I have a big text file, so I want read it at eof to upper bound !. after I use a fseek to go SEEK_END, is it possible to step up upperbound? Best Regards. Note that I'm used perl script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file handling in perl without using system command

Hi , Is there any way to achieve following using perl program (i.e without using system command). 1.system ("echo 'test' > /usr/spool/ship.csv"); 2.system ("cat /usr/ajay_test* >> /usr/spool/RAM/work/patil.csv"); 3.system("> /usr/spool/ajay.txt"); e.g for system("rm -f... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and Sockets - Error handling

Hello all, I have created a Perl script that tries to open connections to various systems on different ports in order to see if the machines are reachable, the ports are open, etc. There appears to be a difference between Solaris (10) and Linux (RH/Oracle and Ubuntu) in the status or error it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hollinch
4 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Perl Error Handling Problem

I can get this working, but if something is down I get an error and the script does not move on. I can not get the "else" function working. What might I be doing wrong? use SNMP::Simple my %ios = (); $list="list.list"; open(DAT, $list) || die("Can't Open List"); @raw_data=<DAT>;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
4 Replies

6. Programming

Perl help for file handling

$# some text $$ some text $@ some text $$. some text Mg1 some text Mg2 some text . . . Mg10 some text The above 10 lines are to be extracted except the lines starting from $#,$$.,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baig.abdul
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL error handling

I have a PERL command line embedded in a UNIX script. The script doesn't handle errors coming out of this command. I'm processing large files and occassionally I run out of disk space and end up with half a file. perl -p -e 's/\n/\r\n/g' < TR_TMP_$4 > $4 How do I handle errors coming out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OTChancy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Handling using ISQL for oracle connection in Perl

Hi Am making connection to oracle using ISQL as shown in the code. This code is just a minor part of a big code. I want to capture the error if the password/login is wrong or if connection is not made. I need to capture the error code also. Also, If such an error occurs, i need to exit out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error handling for file

Hi Guys, I got a csv with pipe delimted file and i want to check second column of the file has any alpha character becuase I am expecting only number in that, and if any alpha characters then it should throw an error Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rizzu155
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : How is file handling working here??

Hi, I have a perl script which is just reading from the file but what I would like to understand is how the counter is moving without using the loop in the script. Below are the details: $ more /tmp/abc.txt This is 0 This is 1 This is 2 This is 3 This is 4 This is 5 This is 6 This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddharthjindal
2 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)