Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl file handling error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl file handling error Post 302651999 by Corona688 on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 12:03:22 PM
Old 06-06-2012
Is TEMP actually open?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file handling problem in perl......

Hi, I am opening a file......then i am wrting some data into it......and i am reopening the file again but ......i get a error cannot open file....... $::file= "\adder\testfile.txt" open(TEST1,$::file); some write operation close(TEST1) open(TEST1,$::file) 'I GET A ERROR CAN OPEN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl revers File handling

Hi Experts, I have a big text file, so I want read it at eof to upper bound !. after I use a fseek to go SEEK_END, is it possible to step up upperbound? Best Regards. Note that I'm used perl script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file handling in perl without using system command

Hi , Is there any way to achieve following using perl program (i.e without using system command). 1.system ("echo 'test' > /usr/spool/ship.csv"); 2.system ("cat /usr/ajay_test* >> /usr/spool/RAM/work/patil.csv"); 3.system("> /usr/spool/ajay.txt"); e.g for system("rm -f... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and Sockets - Error handling

Hello all, I have created a Perl script that tries to open connections to various systems on different ports in order to see if the machines are reachable, the ports are open, etc. There appears to be a difference between Solaris (10) and Linux (RH/Oracle and Ubuntu) in the status or error it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hollinch
4 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Perl Error Handling Problem

I can get this working, but if something is down I get an error and the script does not move on. I can not get the "else" function working. What might I be doing wrong? use SNMP::Simple my %ios = (); $list="list.list"; open(DAT, $list) || die("Can't Open List"); @raw_data=<DAT>;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
4 Replies

6. Programming

Perl help for file handling

$# some text $$ some text $@ some text $$. some text Mg1 some text Mg2 some text . . . Mg10 some text The above 10 lines are to be extracted except the lines starting from $#,$$.,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baig.abdul
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL error handling

I have a PERL command line embedded in a UNIX script. The script doesn't handle errors coming out of this command. I'm processing large files and occassionally I run out of disk space and end up with half a file. perl -p -e 's/\n/\r\n/g' < TR_TMP_$4 > $4 How do I handle errors coming out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OTChancy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Handling using ISQL for oracle connection in Perl

Hi Am making connection to oracle using ISQL as shown in the code. This code is just a minor part of a big code. I want to capture the error if the password/login is wrong or if connection is not made. I need to capture the error code also. Also, If such an error occurs, i need to exit out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error handling for file

Hi Guys, I got a csv with pipe delimted file and i want to check second column of the file has any alpha character becuase I am expecting only number in that, and if any alpha characters then it should throw an error Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rizzu155
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : How is file handling working here??

Hi, I have a perl script which is just reading from the file but what I would like to understand is how the counter is moving without using the loop in the script. Below are the details: $ more /tmp/abc.txt This is 0 This is 1 This is 2 This is 3 This is 4 This is 5 This is 6 This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddharthjindal
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD