Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Screen Sharing VNC Mac
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Screen Sharing VNC Mac Post 302651143 by vbe on Tuesday 5th of June 2012 04:39:00 AM
Old 06-05-2012
It looks to me more a question of filtering (routers - firewall...).
You should see with your work network admins...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Virtual screen accessed by Screen Sharing

Hi, I'm trying to create a virtual screen, (maybe xvfb? or any other virtual screen buffer) and be able to use Screen Sharing to connect to it. The setup is that I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV. But when my girlfriend is using Front Row, I can't use Screen Sharing at the same time from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linge
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Automatic enable for screen lock in vnc

Hello, I am using Redhat 5.0 OS, i want that the screen or session to be locked if machine is idle for few minutes. I have enabled screensaver lock on my machine and it works for my machine. But i have created vnc server's as well for my machine which i access from my windows machine. So for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Blank Screen after logoff server via vnc Viewer.

Hello All, I have installed VNC Server on Ubuntu system to access this system from windows machine i'm using VNC Viewer. When i logged off the server from windows machine through VNC Viewer its showing blank screen only... Kindly help. Regards, Purushottam Aher (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

vnc viewer presents black screen along with GNOME settings daemon errors.

Hello folks, I'm remotely connecting through VNC to two machines, each running Red Hat 5.9, from mine which is running Windows 7. Both connections were working well before. However, now one of the machines only gives me a black screen, with a pop up that says: "There was an error starting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Miguel E. Perez
1 Replies
SCREENCAPTURE(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  SCREENCAPTURE(1)

NAME
screencapture -- capture images from the screen and save them to a file or the clipboard SYNOPSIS
screencapture [-SWCTMPcimswxto] file DESCRIPTION
The screencapture utility is not very well documented to date. A list of options follows. -c Force screen capture to go to the clipboard. -b Capture Touch Bar, only works in non-interactive modes. -C Capture the cursor as well as the screen. Only allowed in non-interactive modes. -d Display errors to the user graphically. -i Capture screen interactively, by selection or window. The control key will cause the screen shot to go to the clipboard. The space key will toggle between mouse selection and window selection modes. The escape key will cancel the interactive screen shot. -m Only capture the main monitor, undefined if -i is set. -D <display> Screen capture or record from the display specified. 1 is main, 2 secondary, etc -o In window capture mode, do not capture the shadow of the window. -p Screen capture will use the default settings for capture. The files argument will be ignored. -M Open the taken picture in a new Mail message. -P Open the taken picture in a Preview window or QuickTime Player if video. -I Open the taken picture in Mesages. -B <bundleid> Open in the app matching bundleid. -s Only allow mouse selection mode. -S In window capture mode, capture the screen instead of the window. -J <style> Sets the starting style of interfactive capture "selection","window","video". -t <format> Image format to create, default is png (other options include pdf, jpg, tiff and other formats). -T <seconds> Take the picture after a delay of <seconds>, default is 5. -w Only allow window selection mode. -W Start interaction in window selection mode. -x Do not play sounds. -a Do not capture attached windows. -r Do not add screen dpi meta data to captured file. -l <windowid> Captures the window with windowid. -R <rectangle> Capture rectangle using format x,y,width,height. -v Capture video recording of the screen. -V <seconds> Capture video recording of the screen for the specified seconds. -A <id> Captures audio during a video recording using default input. Optionally pass id of the audio source. -k Show clicks in video recordings. -U Show interactive toolbar in interactive mode. -u Present UI after screencapture is complete. Files passed to commandline will be ignored. files where to save the screen capture, 1 file per screen BUGS
Better documentation is needed for this utility. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
To capture screen content while logged in via ssh, you must launch screencapture in the same mach bootstrap hierarchy as loginwindow: PID=pid of loginwindow sudo launchctl bsexec $PID screencapture [options] HISTORY
A screencapture utility first appeared in Mac OS X v10.2. Mac OS June 16, 2004 Mac OS