Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Convert column data to row data using shell script Post 302650983 by migurus on Monday 4th of June 2012 04:15:36 PM
Old 06-04-2012
tr command is very handy, man tr and check all the features.
As a simplistic example:

Code:
$ echo "Col1 Col2 Col3"
Col1 Col2 Col3
$
$ echo "Col1 Col2 Col3" | tr ' ' '\n'
Col1
Col2
Col3
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert data befor some field in a row of data depending up on values in row

Hi I need to do some thing like "find and insert before that " in a file which contains many records. This will be clear with the following example. The original data record should be some thing like this 60119827 RTMS_LOCATION_CDR INSTANT_POSITION_QUERY 1236574686123083rtmssrv7 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert row data to column data

Hi Guys, I have a file as follows: a 1 b 786 c 90709 d 99 a 9875 b 989 c 887 d 111 I want: a 1 9875 b 786 989 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 2 column data into multiple columns based on a keyword in a row??

Hi Friends I have the following input data in 2 columns. SNo 1 I1 Value I2 Value I3 Value SNo 2 I4 Value I5 Value I6 Value I7 Value SNo 3 I8 Value I9 Value ............... ................ SNo N (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

row to column and position data in to fixed column width

Dear friends, Below is my program and current output. I wish to have 3 or 4 column output in order to accomodate in single page. i do have subsequent command to process after user enter the number. Program COUNT=1 for MYDIR in `ls /` do VOBS=${MYDIR} echo "${COUNT}. ${MYDIR}" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to Data File in Shell Script

Hi All, I will be getting a huge XML file with a lot of records in it. I need to convert it into multiple data files. SAMPLE XML FILE <ABSProductCatalog xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> - <ProductSalesHierachy> - <Portfolios> - <Portfolio productCode="P1"> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving data from a specified column/row to another column/row

Hello, I have an input file like the following: 11_3_4 2_1_35 3_15__ _16989 Where '_' is a space. The data is in a table. Is there a way for the program to prompt the user for x1,y1 and x2,y2, where x1,y1 is the desired number (for example x=6 y=4 is a value of 4) and move to a desired spot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

By using AWK can I convert matrice shaped data to a row ?

Hello, I have output in the matrice form , for example: 1 2 3 4 a b c d jim joe sue tom how can I convert this line-column data into a row as follows 1 2 3 4 a b c d jim joe sue tom thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - script help: column to row format of data allignment?

Experts Good day, I have the following data, file1 BRAAGRP1 A2X B2X C2X D2X BRBGRP12 A3X B3X Z10 D09 BRC1GRP2 LO01 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Data from Column to Row

Hi FileA.txt E_TIM 16, ETE 15, EOND 26, EEC 81, E_1 un, E_2 un, E_3 un, E_4 284, E_TIM 17, ETE 15, EOND 29, EEC 82, E_1 un, E_2 un, E_3 un, E_4 249, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to insert data into black column( Secound Column ) in excel (.XLSX) file using shell script?

Source Code of the original script is down below please run the script and try to solve this problem this is my data and I want it column wise 2019-03-20 13:00:00:000 2019-03-20 15:00:00:000 1 Operating System LAB 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubham1182
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)