Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Select Unique Value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Select Unique Value Post 302649153 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 31st of May 2012 02:41:42 AM
Old 05-31-2012
Try:
Code:
awk '$2=="P"' IN > OUT

(BTW UPPERCASE not necessary)
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get part of file with unique & non-unique string

I have an archive file that holds a batch of statements. I would like to be able to extract a certain statement based on the unique customer # (ie. 123456). The end for each statement is noted by "ENDSTM". I can find the line number for the beginning of the statement section with sed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewsc
5 Replies

2. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select unique

hi, #cat /u01/file|grep -v "^#"|cut -f2 -d: -s i want to avoid repeated lines from the output of the above command. Do we have anyting like unique in shell scripting. thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select combination unique using shell script

Hi All, bash-3.00$ gzgrep -i '\ ExecuteThread:' /******/******/******/******/stdout.log.txt.gz <Jan 7, 2012 5:54:55 PM UTC> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000337> < ExecuteThread: '414' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' has been busy for "696" seconds working on the request... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

select unique values from duplicates in linux

I have values in the variable as so the for loop just fetches one by one params=$'$HEW_SRC_DATABASE_LIB\nprmAttunityUser\nprmAttunityPwd\nprmODBCDataSource\nprmLoadInd\nprmSrc_Lib_ATM\nprmODBCDataSource_ATM' and i have a grep command like this ret=`grep \$y $pf` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vee_789
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

unique

Can anyone tell me what unique does? I accidentally typed unique instead of uniq into my terminal and it accepted it. I can't find a man page, an info page, or anything useful on google. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change unique file names into new unique filenames

I have 84 files with the following names splitseqs.1, spliseqs.2 etc. and I want to change the .number to a unique filename. E.g. change splitseqs.1 into splitseqs.7114_1#24 and change spliseqs.2 into splitseqs.7067_2#4 So all the current file names are unique, so are the new file names.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avonm
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to select unique hard link files?

Calculate the total sze of the files recursively from the current directory. Hard linked files are to be considered only once. Please use awk also. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print unique lines without sort or unique

I would like to print unique lines without sort or unique. Unfortunately the server I am working on does not have sort or unique. I have not been able to contact the administrator of the server to ask him to add it for several weeks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count occurrence of column one unique value having unique second column value

Hello Team, I need your help on the following: My input file a.txt is as below: 3330690|373846|108471 3330690|373846|108471 0640829|459725|100001 0640829|459725|100001 3330690|373847|108471 Here row 1 and row 2 of column 1 are identical but corresponding column 2 value are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies
FORMS(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  FORMS(3)

NAME
dup_field, free_field, link_field, new_field -- form library LIBRARY
Curses Form Library (libform, -lform) SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> FIELD * dup_field(FIELD *field, int frow, int fcol); int free_field(FIELD *field); FIELD * link_field(FIELD *field, int frow, int fcol); FIELD * new_field(int rows, int cols, int frow, int fcol, int nrows, int nbuf); DESCRIPTION
The dup_field() function duplicates the given field, including any buffers associated with the field and returns the pointer to the newly created field. free_field() destroys the field and frees any allocated resources associated with the field. The function link_field() copies the given field to a new field at the location frow and fcol but shares the buffers with the original field. new_field() creates a new field of size rows by cols at location frow, fcol on the page, the argument nrows specified the number of off screen rows the field has and the nbuf parameter specifies the number of extra buffers attached to the field. There will always be one buffer associated with a field. RETURN VALUES
On error dup_field() and new_field() will return NULL. The functions will one of the following error values: E_OK The function was successful. E_BAD_ARGUMENT A bad argument was passed to the function. E_CONNECTED The field is connected to a form. SEE ALSO
curses(3), forms(3) NOTES
The header <form.h> automatically includes both <curses.h> and <eti.h>. BSD
January 1, 2001 BSD