Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Disc is full - NOT! How to fix? Post 302648799 by Corona688 on Wednesday 30th of May 2012 11:02:43 AM
Old 05-30-2012
Are you sure you have enough space in that particular partition, though? If you're not familiar with linux, it may not be going where you think it does. df -h.

Also, you may be out of inodes instead. Without these filesystem structures, you cannot create files.

Code:
df -i

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disc Copy

Is there a disk copy utiliy for unix systems eg: I need to make a duplicate copy of a netraT1 to a netraT1 Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Calculating Disc Space

Ok.... Can someone please point me in the right direction. I simply want to know how to take the results of a dfspace or df command and be able to know how to determine how much disk space is either used or remaining. 1$ dfspace Filesystem 512-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy of HP-UX from MO disc

This is my newbi question. I have HP-UX on a MO drive, need to backup that MO in case of damaging the original. Therefor I need a copy on server and be able to put that copy onto a blank MO to recreate a working bootable disc. This what I did. First I tried to make a copy with dd dd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tops
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disc Needs Maintenance

Hello All Here I am using Sun V880 server which have discsuit pack of 8 discs with 2 sub mirrors each. Everything was fine for the last 1 year. Now I am getting problem of taking backup of the server. After analysis what I got that each 2nd submirrors are in NEEDS MAINTENANCE status. What... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

format disc

What is the best way to format the partition? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Ultra 10 - Copying Files From Disc After Booting Up With Recovery Disc?

Hello, I'm still learning unix and I have what is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find the question to. I have an Ultra 10 Sparc Server running solaris 8 and the drive may have crashed (I hope not). Currently, it appears some files in the /etc folder are missing. I have a backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ideffects
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Getting a 90% disc full alert

Hello experts, need help One of filesystem on my solaris server is 90% full /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 32G 28G 3.3G 90% /usr here is contents of the folder jboss-ie10ux013:/usr\n\r-> ls 4lib X11R6 ccs j2se lost+found openv proc spool ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
2 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
FINDFS(8)                                                      System Administration                                                     FINDFS(8)

NAME
findfs - find a filesystem by label or UUID SYNOPSIS
findfs NAME=value DESCRIPTION
findfs will search the block devices in the system looking for a filesystem or partition with specified tag. The currently supported tags are: LABEL=<label> Specifies filesystem label. UUID=<uuid> Specifies filesystem UUID. PARTUUID=<uuid> Specifies partition UUID. This partition identifier is supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition tables. PARTLABEL=<label> Specifies partition label (name). The partition labels are supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) or MAC partition tables. If the filesystem or partition is found, the device name will be printed on stdout. The complete overview about filesystems and partitions you can get for example by lsblk --fs partx --show <disk> blkid EXIT STATUS
0 success 1 label or uuid cannot be found 2 usage error, wrong number of arguments or unknown option AUTHOR
findfs was originally written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> and re-written for the util-linux package by Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=all enables libblkid debug output. SEE ALSO
blkid(8), lsblk(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The findfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux March 2014 FINDFS(8)