Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to install .rpm file from a directory using yum? Post 302648043 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 29th of May 2012 09:01:05 AM
Old 05-29-2012
If you want yum to install rpms from a particular folder, you have to set up a local repository - say localrepo.

From memory, I have not tested this ....
Code:
# yum install createrepo
# createrepo /localrepo

Put your rpms in /localrepo and add localrepo entry to /etc/yum.repos.d/
Code:
[localrepo]
name=Local Repo
baseurl=file:///localrepo/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - Can it install RPM file?

Currently i just installed solaris 10 now i want to install a package in rpm format which i used to install in Linux can it install in Solaris 10 as well ? if yes,what is the command ? last time in linux i used to type this command #rpm -i xxxxx.rpm but i tried in linux it not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluefries
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto install RPM package for non-Root user directory?

Dear expert, Suppose I have an application that comes in rpm format. Let's call it: my_downloaded_package.rpm How can I install it in my particular home directory (since I'm not a root user). Say the directory where I want to install above rpm package is: ~/.my_desired_location... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install rpm to specific directory

Hi, For example, I want to install abc.rpm to /abc directory. How can I do that? Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beeloo
2 Replies

4. SuSE

How to install .src.rpm ? ( source rpm )

Hi, I have got few RPM's from rpmfind.net ( mainly gcc ). But it seems to be src files instead of the image. so I think we have to build the src files according to target machine using rpmbuild. Can any one help me with 1) Various options of rpm build that have to be taken care 2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

5. Linux

where to edit yum or rpm packages to update

I am setting up a new server with the goal of porting a solaris server to centos. I want to compile some packages myself (ie) http, ssl, mysql, etc. The reason for this is the downloadable rpm packages are very old. I probably want to make sure the kernel is up to date, but the individual pages... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Remote installation of rpm package (Using YUM)

Hi, I have configured YUM repository on a server and we have 10 linux machine (clients). Is there any way we can install a package on all the 10 machines from YUM repository server? Please help me. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
7 Replies

7. Linux

Difference in binary file sizes after deploying package via yum/rpm

Hi Guys, I have an issue whereby I package up an rpm and when I deploy it, the binary filesizes differ from what I packaged up from the SOURCE directory. from source - -rwxrwxr-x 1 user group 685156 Sep 26 15:50 cybAgent.bin after install - -rwxr-xr-x 1 user group 683388 Oct 16 11:10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yum gives error : filename does not end in .rpm.

Hi there /root #yum localinstall sg3_utils Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, subscription-manager Updating Red Hat repositories. Setting up Local Package Process Skipping: sg3_utils, filename does not end in .rpm. Nothing to do /root # above is the error /root... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Yum, rpm, apt-get install command not found in Solaris

I am using solaris 10 yum command not found apt-get install command not found rpm command not found how to use yum and apt-get command in solaris how to install dhcp, openldap-servers packages in solaris (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
yum-filter-data(1)														yum-filter-data(1)

NAME
yum filter data plugin SYNOPSIS
yum [options] [command] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
This plugin extends yum with some options, currently just for "update" and "list update" type commands, to allow filters to be placed on which packages should be used based on the data in those packages. Note that due to some of the data being unknown, and thus could possibly match, all unknown data is treated as a match. GENERAL OPTIONS
These are the options added to yum that are available in the "list updates", "info updates", "check-update" and "update" commands. They are: --filter-vendors This option includes packages which have a vendor which matches one of the passed vendor wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that vendors can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple vendors as one option argument. --filter-rpm-groups This option includes packages which have a group which matches one of the passed rpm group wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that rpm groups can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple rpm groups as one option argument. --filter-packagers This option includes packages which have a packager which matches one of the passed packager wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that vendors can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple packagers as one option argument. --filter-licenses This option includes packages which have a license which matches one of the passed license wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that licenses can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple licenses as one option argument. --filter-arches This option includes packages which have a arch which matches one of the passed arch wildcard strings, or is unknown. --filter-committers This option includes packages which have a committer which matches one of the passed committer wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that committers can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple committers as one option argument. Also, committer values are so loosely formed that they could contain commas too, it is recommended to not do that but you can work around it by using "?". --filter-buildhosts This option includes packages which have a buildhost which matches one of the passed buildhost wildcard strings, or is unknown. --filter-urls This option includes packages which have a url which matches one of the passed url wildcard strings, or is unknown. --filter-package-sizes This option includes packages which have a packagesize which is within one of the passed packagesize ranges, or is unknown. --filter-archive-sizes This option includes packages which have a archivesize which is within one of the passed archivesize ranges, or is unknown. --filter-installed-sizes This option includes packages which have a installedsize which is within one of the passed installedsize ranges, or is unknown. --filter-groups This option includes packages which are in a yum group which matches one of the passed yum group id strings, or is unknown. Note that yum groups can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple yum groups as one option argument. EXAMPLES
To list all updates that are 1 MB or less use: yum --filter-package-sizes=-1m check-update To apply updates that Dan Walsh has committed use: yum --filter-committers='Dan Walsh *' update To list updates for a specific group use: yum --filter-rpm-groups='App*/Sys*' list updates To apply updates to a specific set of groups use: yum --filter-rpm-groups='App*/System,Devel*/Lib*,System Environment/Base' update To list updates for a set of yum groups use: yum --filter-groups='PostgreSQL Database,Web Server' list updates To apply updates to a specific set of yum groups use: yum --filter-groups='KDE,Core,Printing Support' update SEE ALSO
yum-list-data (1) yum (8) yum.conf (5) AUTHORS
James Antill <james.antill@redhat.com>. BUGS
Currently yum can't filter packages in all of the commands, so for instance "yum list 'yum*'" doesn't get the results filtered. Apart from that there are no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.red- hat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 04 February 2008 yum-filter-data(1)