Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple script to write new lines in a text file Post 302647003 by torchij on Saturday 26th of May 2012 05:39:51 PM
Old 05-26-2012
Not sure why it isn't working Smilie Could it have something to do with the fact I'm working on a mac using a bash environment?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data

hi all, I have this file with some user data. example: $cat myfile.txt FName|LName|Gender|Company|Branch|Bday|Salary|Age aaaa|bbbb|male|cccc|dddd|19900814|15000|20| eeee|asdg|male|gggg|ksgu|19911216||| aara|bdbm|male|kkkk|acke|19931018||23| asad|kfjg|male|kkkc|gkgg|19921213|14000|24|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimal
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write shell script to extract lines we want

hi i have a file which is very large . it contains lines in the format below: seed url, html url .... ... seed url, html url i have sort it already. 2010ÄÏ·ÇÊÀ½ç±*_¾º¼¼·ç±©_ÐÂÀËÍø ÕżªÁúרÀ¸£ºÊÀ½ç±*24ÄêµÄ»ØÒä ÆÚÅÎÑÇÖÞδÀ´ÍŽá_2010ÄÏ·ÇÊÀ½ç±*_¾º¼¼·ç±©_ÐÂÀËÍø 2010ÄÏ·ÇÊÀ½ç±*_¾º¼¼·ç±©_ÐÂÀËÍø ¹úÃ×Óë±´ÄáÌØ˹´ï³ÉÐ*Òé... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainboisterous
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for a script that will delete lines in a text file

it will grep for a line and then delete these line. how do i begin to write this script if theres no available one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a script for text file encryption?

Hi All, I have zero knowledge in UNIX, so i desperately need the help from you guys. I need a script which can encrypt all the text files in one shot in a source directory. After all the text files are encrypted, they will be put into a separate folder. Command involve: gpg with -a,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanbalao
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write multiple lines to a file using shell script?

I need to create an xml using shell script, but i first want to know how can i write multiple lines to file using shell script? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write text file data to excel using UNIX shell script?

Hi All, I have the requirement in unix shell script. I want to write the "ls -ltr" command out put to excel file as below. Input :text file data : drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x 2 apx aim 4096 Nov 29 18:40 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - printing range of lines from text file

I'm working on a new exercise that calls for a script that will take in two arguments on the command line (representing the range of line numbers) and will subsequently print those lines from a a specified file. Command line would look like this: ./lines_script.bash 5 15 <file.txt. The script would... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script to test mountGpoint for read-write

Guys, need your help urgently. ServerA ServerB ServerA has an email facility and can connect remotely via root using key to ServerB What I am trying to achieve here is ServerA would be able to remotely: 1. Do command 'touch /mnt/testfile.date' on ServerB 2. If touch failed with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
OPANNOTATE(1)						      General Commands Manual						     OPANNOTATE(1)

NAME
opannotate - produce source or assembly annotated with profile data SYNOPSIS
opannotate [ options ] [profile specification] DESCRIPTION
opannotate outputs annotated source and/or assembly from profile data of an OProfile session. See oprofile(1) for how to write profile specifications. OPTIONS
--assembly / -a Output annotated assembly. If this is combined with --source, then mixed source / assembly annotations are output. --demangle / -D none|smart|normal none: no demangling. normal: use default demangler (default) smart: use pattern-matching to make C++ symbol demangling more read- able. --exclude-dependent / -x Do not include application-specific images for libraries, kernel modules and the kernel. This option only makes sense if the profile session used --separate. --exclude-file [files] Exclude all files in the given comma-separated list of glob patterns. --exclude-symbols / -e [symbols] Exclude all the symbols in the given comma-separated list. --help / -? / --usage Show help message. --image-path / -p [paths] Comma-separated list of additional paths to search for binaries. This is needed to find modules in kernels 2.6 and upwards. --root / -R [path] A path to a filesystem to search for additional binaries. --include-file [files] Only include files in the given comma-separated list of glob patterns. --include-symbols / -i [symbols] Only include symbols in the given comma-separated list. --objdump-params [params] Pass the given parameters as extra values when calling objdump. --output-dir / -o [dir] Output directory. This makes opannotate output one annotated file for each source file. This option can't be used in conjunction with --assembly. --search-dirs / -d [paths] Comma-separated list of paths to search for source files. You may need to use this option when the debug information for an image contains relative paths. --base-dirs / -b [paths] Comma-separated list of paths to strip from debug source files, prior to looking for them in --search-dirs. --session-dir=dir_path Use sample database out of directory dir_path instead of the default location (/var/lib/oprofile). --source / -s Output annotated source. This requires debugging information to be available for the binaries. --threshold / -t [percentage] Only output data for symbols that have more than the given percentage of total samples. --verbose / -V [options] Give verbose debugging output. --version / -v Show version. ENVIRONMENT
No special environment variables are recognised by opannotate. FILES
/var/lib/oprofile/samples/ The location of the generated sample files. VERSION
This man page is current for oprofile-0.9.6. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/oprofile/, oprofile(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue 06 July 2010 OPANNOTATE(1)