Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX CPU waits
Operating Systems AIX AIX CPU waits Post 302645851 by zxmaus on Thursday 24th of May 2012 08:01:33 AM
Old 05-24-2012
post the output of vmstat -Iwt 2 10 during a busy time and we may be able to tell you more
Regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Aix high cpu activity

Hello everyone I have this process running on my server. topas command User 98.6 |############################ I have this process Name PID CPU% PgSp Owner db2fm 565264 25.6 1.5 ldapdb2 db2fm 348328 23.6 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

2. AIX

no of core in cpu for aix

is there command which will display no of core per cpu in aix? Regads, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. AIX

Find CPU per process in AIX

Hi. I am looking for a command that will return me the amount of CPU used by a specific process in AIX environment. I know there is TOPAS - but it is interactive and I need to get this information from system that connects remotely via SSH. Using writing to files and than reading them is also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that waits until a call is done

Hi all, I have a script that checks for the existence of files in a directory. Problem is, if a file suddenly appears, I need to move it to another directory and then call another program that does not import routines (within our DBMS). Now, this script is ever running and uses the sleep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting CPU% from a ps command (AIX 5.3)

Hi, I need write a script that check how much CPU% a particular process is using so I execute something like : while : do ps aux | awk '{ if($3 < 10) {printf( "this process %s CPU: %f and process %d\n",$1,$3,$2)}}' sleep 300 done but issue here is that I compare... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
0 Replies

6. AIX

AIX CPU use

Hi Could somebody explain me how AIX is using CPU?? For example when we have 2 processors system is giving all task to one of them till 100% is used ?? Or it's depend on configuration or anything else ?? Best regards enda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enda
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX CPU performance script ?

I want to write a shell script which will print AIX CPU utilization memory utilization every 5 mins redirect to file. How do i do it? Please advise. Which commands I should use? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU utilisation in AIX

Hi, I want to write one script that sent mail when CPU utilisation is more then 70%. i used topas but problem is it will show output only when we press ctrl +c. Please let me know if there is some other command that will give cpu utilisation which i can use in shell script. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranvijaidba
3 Replies

9. SuSE

Tcp waits

Hi Guys I am running an Oracle database and most of my sessions are waiting for tcp. Now, how do I check if tcp from the O/S level is servicing requests properly? Please Help!!! Thanks in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX CPU usage

hi, We have two LPARs, both have same capacity and believe same configuration. ulimit settings for oracle user is unlimited for both LPARs. Installed oracle databases with same configurations on both LPARs, both databases sync every second so volume is same. Both LPARs/databases have identical... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baladelaware73
10 Replies
CPUSET(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 CPUSET(3)

NAME
cpuset_create, cpuset_destroy, cpuset_zero, cpuset_set, cpuset_clr, cpuset_isset, cpuset_size -- dynamic CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> cpuset_t * cpuset_create(void); void cpuset_destroy(cpuset_t *set); void cpuset_zero(cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_set(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_clr(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_isset(cpuid_t cpu, const cpuset_t *set); size_t cpuset_size(const cpuset_t *set); DESCRIPTION
This section describes the functions used to create, set, use and destroy the dynamic CPU sets. This API can be used with the POSIX threads, see pthread(3) and affinity(3). The ID of the primary CPU in the system is 0. FUNCTIONS
cpuset_create() Allocates and initializes a clean CPU-set. Returns the pointer to the CPU-set, or NULL on failure. cpuset_destroy(set) Destroy the CPU-set specified by set. cpuset_zero(set) Makes the CPU-set specified by set clean, that is, memory is initialized to zero bytes, and none of the CPUs set. cpuset_set(cpu, set) Sets the CPU specified by cpu in set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_clr(cpu, set) Clears the CPU specified by cpu in the CPU-set set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_isset(cpu, set) Checks if CPU specified by cpu is set in the CPU-set set. Returns the positive number if set, zero if not set, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_size(set) Returns the size in bytes of CPU-set specified by set. SEE ALSO
affinity(3), pset(3), sched(3), schedctl(8), kcpuset(9) HISTORY
The dynamic CPU sets appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
November 2, 2011 BSD