Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting treating multiple delimiters[solved] Post 302645429 by shamrock on Wednesday 23rd of May 2012 11:29:05 AM
Old 05-23-2012
you can just do this to store the last column in a shell variable...
Code:
VAR=$(awk '{print $NF}' file)

where file contents are...
Code:
sam2  PS    03/10/11    0  441

This User Gave Thanks to shamrock For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - treat multiple delimiters as one

Is there anyway to get awk to treat multiple delimiters as one? Particularly spaces... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a file with multiple delimiters into columns

Hi All I have recently had to start using Unix for work and I have hit brick wall with this prob.... I have a file that goes a little something like this.... EUR;EUR;EUR:USD:USD;USD;;;EUR/USD;XAU/AUD;XAU/EUR;XAU/AUD,GBP/BOB,UAD/XAU;;;1.11;2.22;3.33;4.44;5.55;6.66;;; is it possible to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycharm
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK with multiple delimiters

I have the following string sample: bla bla bla bla bla I would like to extract the "123" using awk. I thought about awk -F"]" '{ print $1 }' but it doesn't work Any ideas ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdub
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting based on multiple delimiters

Hello, I have data where words are separated by a delimiter. In this case "=" The number of delimiters in a line can vary from 4to 8. The norm is 4. Is it possible to have a script where the file could be separated starting with highest number of delimiters and ending with the lowest An... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting problem: Multiple delimiters, multiple keys

Hello If you wanted to sort a .csv file that was filled with lines like this: <Ticker>,<Date as YYYYMMDD>,<Time as H:M:S>,<Volume>,<Corr> (H : , M, S: ) by date, does anybody know of a better solution than to turn the 3rd and 4th colons of every line into commas, sorting on four keys,... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan.
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiple delimiters

Hi Folks, This is the first time I ever encountered this situation My input file is of this kind cat input.txt 1 PAIXAF 0 1 1 -9 0 0 0 1 2 0 2 1 2 1 7 PAIXEM 0 7 1 -9 1 0 2 0 1 2 2 1 0 2 9 PAKZXY 0 2 1 -9 2 0 1 1 1 0 1 2 0 1 Till the sixth column (which is -9), I want my columns to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing phone number with multiple delimiters

Hello all I have a data base of information that is formatted like so: JSD4863 XXX-XX-XXXX DOE, JOHN C JR-II BISS CPSC BS INFO TECH 412/779-9445 I need the last four digits of the phone number. However, many lines contain 'garbage data' that I'm not interested in. So i used a 'for loop'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartSometimes
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to append the multiple Delimiters up to requirement?

HI All, How to append the multiple delimiters to at end the file up to 69 fields. FinalDelimiter Count is 69 recrod Delimeter count is 10 so 69-10=59 this script will add upto 59 Delimiters to that records. this script will check each and every record in a file and append the delimiters... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod.peddiredd
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting fields from a file having multiple delimiters

Hi All, I have a file with a single row having the following text ABC.ABC.ABC,Database,New123,DBNAME,F,ABC.ABC.ABC_APP,"@FUNCTION1("ENT1") ,@FUNCTION2("ENT2")",R, I want an output in the following format ABC.ABC.ABC DBNAME ABC.ABC.ABC_APP '@FUNCTION1("ENT1")... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)