Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Problem
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Problem Post 302644223 by bartus11 on Monday 21st of May 2012 01:35:01 PM
Old 05-21-2012
Can you post output of ifconfig -aafter you have configured the IP addresses for interfaces?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in solaris 8

hi, I have install solaris 8 7/01 in ULTRA 10,but when I type commands such like "admintool" and "swtool",there will be a error messege: warning:Missing charsets in string to fontset conversion arithmetic exception - core dumped I dont know what these mean,can anyone help me?thank... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fuqiang1976
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Solaris 9

I'm trying to install this on my pc at home but the thing is after I get to the option screen that ask where I want to boot solaris from: hard drive cd interface after I choose the cd option, it begins reading from the CD then it asks me if I want the installation to be interactive or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - X Problem

I can't get a remote X session to display on my Solaris 10 box. I can get it to work if I launch X on my local machine (like /usr/openwin/bin/xclock) so I know X itself is working correctly. The problem is, when I am on a remote host, I set the variable, and run /usr/openwin/bin/xclock, and it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc9456
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 LU problem

I have a problem with export/home after doing the upgrade. The df -k shows /export and /export/home both being mounted on the same slice. Yes, both are in the vfstab file too. When I reformatted the disk for the upgrade, I added 10gb to the /export partition so that is the one I want to end up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekstern
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Solaris Problem

Hello. has anybody an idea why my script doesnt work on solaris but on ubuntu? I know. I ask the same question again. But i really dont know why my script is not working. #!/usr/xpg4/bin/sh for file in $(find /home9/user/..../.../Test/ -type f) do head -n 1 $file | egrep '^#!' if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fertchen
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 -> Solaris 10 = problem :/

Hello, I have a multithreading program (just two threads) which works on Solaris 8. I use pthread library to synchronize threads. I try to run it on Solaris 10 (on another computer). All sources was re-compiled but behaviour of my program is not the same. The thread 2 is never executed when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinkh
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem with Solaris 11.1 vm

Hi! I have the following problem: I tried to create a Solaris 11.1 virtual machine in the latest VMware Workstation (10.0.1) and despite my efforts it is impossible to make the Tools running. During the installation I receive the following messages: root@solaris:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apollookc
0 Replies

8. Solaris

T3-2 and Solaris 10 Problem

Hi Guys, I got a unique (and wierd) problem with trying to install Solaris 10 off of a DVD on a T3-2. You boot cdrom, it goes through the questions and then when it comes to ask you if you want to install using nfs or dvd if you pick dvd it comes up with an error - ERROR: The disc you inserted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 problem - need help

I installed Solaris 10 on UltraSparc T5120. The machine shows yellow triagle ! LED. I got endless Warnings on console connection WARNING: /pci@0/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/usb@0,2/hub@4/device@4/storage@0/disk@0,0 (sd6): Error for Command: read(10) Error Level: Fatal... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gping
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem boot Solaris

Hi I have a problem on a server, when he boot I have this type of message loop, do you know what it corresponds to ? ( requesting internet Adress for 0:3:ba:fa:33:91 ) Regards Sun Fire V240, No Keyboard Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, INC. All rights reserved. openboot 4.22.33,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyo-tns
10 Replies
EDSC(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   EDSC(4)

NAME
edsc -- Ethernet discard network interface SYNOPSIS
device edsc DESCRIPTION
The edsc interface is a software discard mechanism which may be used for performance analysis and software testing. It imitates an Ethernet device, which allows for its use in conjunction with such drivers as if_bridge(4) and vlan(4). As with other network interfaces, an edsc interface must have network addresses assigned for each address family with which it is to be used. These addresses may be set or changed with the SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2) or ifconfig(8) utility. Each edsc interface is created at runtime using interface cloning. This is most easily done with the ifconfig(8) create command or using the cloned_interfaces variable in rc.conf(5). SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), arp(4), if_bridge(4), inet(4), intro(4), vlan(4), rc.conf(5), arp(8), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The edsc device was derived from the disc(4) device and first appeared in FreeBSD 6.3. This manpage was adapted from disc(4). CAVEATS
Since outgoing packets are just discarded by edsc, ARP requests stay unreplied. Consequently, an IP packet cannot be sent via edsc until a static arp(4) entry is created for its next hop using arp(8). Initially an edsc interface has a zero link level address. It can be changed with ifconfig(8) lladdr if needed. BSD
March 25, 2007 BSD