Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Schedule script is not executing some times Post 302643995 by Mohammed Fareed on Monday 21st of May 2012 05:54:38 AM
Old 05-21-2012
I want to check two clause one is
PHP Code:
shutdown 
and another is
PHP Code:
terminated instace
in my above code its not working...
Mohammed Fareed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I schedule a script on Solaris?

How can I schedule a script on Solaris? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krikets
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a script to check mail?

Hi, I'd like to somehow schedule a task on my webserver, such that my account's mail is checked every 10-15 minutes and: a) any new e-mails received from a particular address are POST-ed to a PHP webpage on my server. b) any new e-mails received from a different particular address are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stujones
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Schedule Scrutiny

Hi All, Here's one that may belong in the Scripting Thread but I thought I'd start off here. Here's the scenario:- I have to transfer the functionality and data from an old E450 to a nice new Sun V440. The E450 contains a bunch of scripts which may or may not still be in use daily,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geralex2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule my script without crontab

I have a script which shoud run after every 30 minutes.Though I know abt crontab, unfortunately I dont have access/authorization to use crontab in my terminal. Could any one pls let me know how to schedule the script without crontab ? Regards Prashant:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule a script in crontab.

Hi, My script is in $home/bin/sample.sh. I want to run the script for 3times a day, first execution will be at 08:00 am. second execution will be at 16:00 pm third will be at 23:59 pm. what will be the entry with this requirement?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrima.pratima
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to schedule script to run Ubuntu 10.04

On Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, I would like to know the best way to schedule myscript.sh to run at a specified time, please provide examples and specify things like does cron have to be running, how do I check if cron is running and all that. I have tried unsuccessfully in the past to run the AT command,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to schedule job at different times

Hi, I want to run cron scheduler to run some script at different times of the day.But these times don't have some fix intervals. So how we can run jobs at 6:30AM, 1:00PM and 4:30PM everyday. Please help. Thanks Neeraj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule tasks in shell script

shell=ksh, How could I schedule tasks in shell script INSTEAD OF using the crontab -e functionality? For example, I want a script to print "Hello World" every 10 seconds (i.e., INTERVAL = 10s) until external termination signal is triggered. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Schedule the Script

I have wriiten one script to get some results from log files. Daily I have to run the script using the below command to get the output. What I need is, Can I schedule the Script to execute once every day at a particular Time and get the output by mail automatically? I heard about 'cron job' . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
3 Replies

10. AIX

Script is not executing as expected when I schedule it in cron

Hi, I have a shell script which fetches the MRP status and the LAG status. When I execute it manually like, sh <script_name>, it fetches the output as expected, but when I schedule through crontab, it's not working as expected. Any help would be really appreciated. Here is the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraj R
3 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3)