Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Private Network
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Private Network Post 302643577 by zendcool on Sunday 20th of May 2012 12:23:47 AM
Old 05-20-2012
Bug Private Network

Hello,
I have a desktop which has two network cards installed on it and I connected these two card through a hub.
On the desktop in have installed a Windows Vista Home Edition SO and a Windowx XP SO in a virtual way. I also had intalled a Virtual BOX software and Windows XP run through it.
By these way I am simulating two machines because I want to use one as a Server and the other as a Client, but I can't configure them into the same network.
It will help me, if you can give some advice or if you need some more information, please let me know.
Thanks for your attention.

Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

private network to private network gateway

i have one private network with one ip address, and i have a seperate network on a seperate ip address. now, each network is behind a firewall/router. now what i want to do is be able to access one server on the second network from a computer on the first., but with the private ip address, (this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Private network

Hi all, Currently we are in the progress of setting up a private network on all of our Sun Solaris servers. Purpose is to move all backup tasks to the private, hence reduce load on public network. Some of our servers only consists of 1 network card but with several ports. Shall we purchase... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
10 Replies

3. IP Networking

Able to ping server's private network

Hi guys, I'm in the progress of setting up a private network in our Sun solaris platform. Existing ip: 172.16.102.101 New private ip: 192.168.2.3 Netmask is the same for both private & public 255.255.255.0 After setting up the ip, I'm able to ping this private ip address from our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help setting up a home solaris private network

Hi all, I just purchased 2 Ultra 10 servers and I want to practice with home networking. I want to create a private network where I can connect both boxes to the internet via broadband using my four port adsl modem/router. My ISP assigns me 192.168 addresses via DHCP and I use the ISP's DNS but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kongowea
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

How does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network?

how does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network? Example: My PC has ip 192.168.134.100 Router has ip 192.168.134.200 My company's ip 202.52.150.33 When i try to access internet, say google, it traverses from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies
UPDATE-PROFILE-CACHE(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   UPDATE-PROFILE-CACHE(1)

NAME
update-profile-cache - (re)generate profile assignment cache SYNOPSIS
update-profile-cache DESCRIPTION
Running this script (re)generates the cache of profile assignments used by desktop-profiles. By default this script is run automatically once a day by a cron script. NOTE: No cache of assignments will be generated in cases where cache use isn't supported by desktop-profiles (at the moment caching pro- file assingments is only supported in the simple case when no group or command requirements are used for activation of profiles, i.e. when we have a static machine-wide profile assignment). FILES
/etc/desktop-profiles/*.listing - Files containing the metadata about installed profiles /etc/default/desktop-profiles - File containing default settings for this script AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Cornelis <cobaco@skolelinux.no>. SEE ALSO
desktop-profiles(7), profiles-manager(1), list-desktop-profiles(1) desktop-profiles December 13, 2006 UPDATE-PROFILE-CACHE(1)