Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Moving Files Automatically
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Moving Files Automatically Post 302640391 by glev2005 on Monday 14th of May 2012 05:18:08 PM
Old 05-14-2012
What will the constants be? Will the file be moved from /Users/<yourUserName>/Downloads to /Users/<yourUserName>/Movies ?
Will it always be a .AVI file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I automatically find important files???

how can I automatically check if important files exist in a directory and if not, automatically put the important files where they are needed say, I want to put .bashrc and a dozen other important files like it into every user's directory, how can I do this??? how do I check every user's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving logs automatically but not removing

hello all, Need assistance on the subject line above. I have a logserver.log located at /usr/local/logserver. It's NSLOGDEPTH=100. I'm not sure if this is the reason but my log file retention is only up to 100 only.. sample logserver001.log logserver002.log ... ... logserver100.log ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files automatically

Ok here is my issue. I have processes which will get screwed up and not run because certain log directories wind up filled too much and a directory will have 100,000 files in it. The only way to fix this is to move files out of this directory until the number of files is small enough that the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving the files in a.txt files to a different directory

HI All, I am coding a shell script which will pick all the .csv files in a particular directoryand write it in to a .txt file, this .txt file i will use as a source in datastage for processing. now after the processing is done I have to move and archive all the files in the .txt file to a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhasri_2020
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Multiple files to destination files

I am running a code like this foreach list ($tmp) mv *_${list}.txt ${chart}_${list}.txt #mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a directory mv *_${list}.doc ${chart}_${list}.doc #mv: when moving multiple files, last argument must be a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files by automatically creating directories

I am in a situation where I have some hundreds of thousands of files in a directory (name of directory: big_directory). Now, working on this directory is extremely slow. I now plan to do this: Copy 1000 files in each of the directories by creating the directories automatically. All files have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with wc -l results = 1 then moving the files to another folder

Hi guys can you please help me with a script to find files with one row/1 line of content then move the file to another directory my script below runs but nothing happens to the files....Alternatively Ca I get a script to find the *.csv files with "wc -1" results = 1 then create a list of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dj Moi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log files automatically.

Here is the script I want to run to deleted log files after a certain time: touch /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/apps/RSA/logs find /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/apps/RSA/logs -atime +120 - exec rm -rf {}\; Exerytime I run it, it throws me the error: find: paths must... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lennyz04
2 Replies

9. AIX

Moving Hidden files to normal files

I have a bunch of hidden files in a directory in AIX. I would like to move these hidden files as regular files to another directory. Say i have the following files in directory /x .test~1234~567 .report~5678~123 .find~9876~576 i would like to move them to directory /y as test~1234~567... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: umesh.narain
10 Replies
SHTOOL-MOVE.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-MOVE.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-move - GNU shtool enhanced mv(1) replacement SYNOPSIS
shtool move [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-e|--expand] [-p|--preserve] src-file dst-file DESCRIPTION
This is a mv(1) style command enhanced with the ability to rename multiple files in a single operation and the ability to detect and not touch existing equal destinations files, thus preserving timestamps. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -e, --expand Expand asterisk in src to be used as ""%"n" (where n is 1,2,...) in dst-file. This is useful for renaming multiple files at once. -p, --preserve Detect src-file and dst-file having equal content and not touch existing destination files, thus perserving timestamps. This is useful for applications that monitor timestamps, i.e. suppress make(1L) repeating actions for unchanged files. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool move -v -e '*.txt' %1.asc # Makefile scanner.c: scanner.l lex scanner.l shtool move -t -p lex.yy.c scanner.c HISTORY
The GNU shtool move command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1999 for GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), mv(1), make(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-MOVE.TMP(1)