Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UID Admin
Operating Systems Solaris UID Admin Post 302639831 by ramareddi16 on Sunday 13th of May 2012 10:54:24 AM
Old 05-13-2012
UID Admin

Hi All,

I have to give permission to one of the groups called as "ABC" as like the permissions of the group "UNIXADM".

Could you please some one help on this issue ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

UID Change

Currently, I have about 7 servers and the uid for a given person is different on each server. I want to make the uid's the same for a given username on each server. I know how to change the uid via smit, but when I do the previous uid number shows up as the owner for the files of that username.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcateriny
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reversing UID's

Is it possible given a uid to determine information about the person with the uid? An example would be simple information regarding what group and the name of the person associated with that uid. It seems there is probably an easy staring me in the face but i cant seem to find it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreaming1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

uid script help

i need a script to process a password file and based on the UIDs in the password file, generate the new UID that is 1 greater than the highest uid. i have some script logic but i dont really understand it. any help? #!/usr/bin/perl ########################################## #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UId

is tty command opens a process in the system if yes then why process got the userid????? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mac91
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicated UID

Hi folks! I need you help to discover what's the impact of a duplicated UID in an operating system. What's the meaning when someone put in different users the same UID? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phcostabh
3 Replies

7. AIX

More than 1 UID 0

Hi, Can any one please tell what are the risks of having more than one users having UID 0 (root)? Thanks Naveed (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveedaix
9 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
KEYCTL_SETPERM(3)                                           Linux Key Management Calls                                           KEYCTL_SETPERM(3)

NAME
keyctl_setperm - Change the permissions mask on a key SYNOPSIS
#include <keyutils.h> long keyctl_setperm(key_serial_t key, key_perm_t perm); DESCRIPTION
keyctl_setperm() changes the permissions mask on a key. A process that does not have the SysAdmin capability may not change the permissions mask on a key that doesn't have the same UID as the caller. The caller must have setattr permission on a key to be able change its permissions mask. The permissions mask is a bitwise-OR of the following flags: KEY_xxx_VIEW Grant permission to view the attributes of a key. KEY_xxx_READ Grant permission to read the payload of a key or to list a keyring. KEY_xxx_WRITE Grant permission to modify the payload of a key or to add or remove links to/from a keyring. KEY_xxx_SEARCH Grant permission to find a key or to search a keyring. KEY_xxx_LINK Grant permission to make links to a key. KEY_xxx_SETATTR Grant permission to change the ownership and permissions attributes of a key. KEY_xxx_ALL Grant all the above. The 'xxx' in the above should be replaced by one of: POS Grant the permission to a process that possesses the key (has it attached searchably to one of the process's keyrings). USR Grant the permission to a process with the same UID as the key. GRP Grant the permission to a process with the same GID as the key, or with a match for the key's GID amongst that process's Groups list. OTH Grant the permission to any other process. Examples include: KEY_POS_VIEW, KEY_USR_READ, KEY_GRP_SEARCH and KEY_OTH_ALL. User, group and other grants are exclusive: if a process qualifies in the 'user' category, it will not qualify in the 'groups' category; and if a process qualifies in either 'user' or 'groups' then it will not qualify in the 'other' category. Possessor grants are cumulative with the grants from the 'user', 'groups' and 'other' categories. RETURN VALUE
On success keyctl_setperm() returns 0 . On error, the value -1 will be returned and errno will have been set to an appropriate error. ERRORS
ENOKEY The specied key does not exist. EKEYEXPIRED The specified key has expired. EKEYREVOKED The specified key has been revoked. EACCES The named key exists, but does not grant setattr permission to the calling process. LINKING
This is a library function that can be found in libkeyutils. When linking, -lkeyutils should be specified to the linker. SEE ALSO
keyctl(1), add_key(2), keyctl(2), request_key(2), keyctl_get_keyring_ID(3), keyctl_join_session_keyring(3), keyctl_update(3), keyctl_revoke(3), keyctl_chown(3), keyctl_describe(3), keyctl_clear(3), keyctl_link(3), keyctl_unlink(3), keyctl_search(3), keyctl_read(3), keyctl_instantiate(3), keyctl_negate(3), keyctl_set_reqkey_keyring(3), keyctl_set_timeout(3), keyctl_assume_authority(3), keyctl_describe_alloc(3), keyctl_read_alloc(3), request-key(8) Linux 4 May 2006 KEYCTL_SETPERM(3)