Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Yahoo Interview unanswered questions Post 302639787 by gauravsharma29 on Sunday 13th of May 2012 07:34:40 AM
Old 05-13-2012
hehe...it is just a curiosity being a techie, interview is over and its results are out...anyways...no offences, you may delete this thread.

regards
Gaurav

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Interview Questions

hi everybody, my name is samir, i m from delhi,india. i m a student in solaris. just few days ago i had completed my course. can anybody tell me the possible interview questions in solaris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samir_sinu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Interview Questions

Please please if anyone has time to answer them, this noob would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 1. whats $# in a shell script 2. whats a $* in shell script 3. Explain nohup with an example 4. If $1 is the first parameter, whats $0 5. How do you see the return code of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxmulder123
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Interview Questions?

Hey, My company is looking to bring on a Sr. UNIX Admin with Solaris 10 experience. What are some solid interview questions I could ask about UNIX and Solaris 10 that would weed a good guy out from a bad? Questions that don't involve long command lines would be the best. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikepatton21
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Interview Questions

Hi, Can anyone tell me which is the good site for solaris interview questions. Let me know if anyone has some material on the same. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amult
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Interview questions

Hi guys, Interview Questions:- 1) There are 2 ways to create a slice in Solaris 1) we can create using format command but there say other than format 1more within sec. we can create a slice. 2) ? 2) How to create a temperory SWAP Space 3) How to check the Devices from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

interview questions..plz help

hello, I have some doubts .plz help if i try to ping from a server, it doesnt ping & gives different ip address, and in nslookup i get different ip address, what is the problem ? if u cant ssh to a server what will be ur steps ? give full iptables command to open port 22 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Stack Overflow Questions Tags Users Badges Unanswered Ask Question Ask for the explanation of types

I have read a document which tells me the following 4 things are done by the RAM embedded on disk driver controller. But I don't know what's difference between buffer and cache. Thanks! RAM on disk drive controllers 1 firmware 2 speed matching buffer 3 prefetching buffer 4 cache (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Home Questions Tags Users Unanswered Windows 2016 DNS server returns SERVFAIL for non-existing doma

I have two DNS resolvers in /etc/resolv.conf file. The top one is Windows DNS server, and the bottom one is my wi-fi router. Please see below. nameserver 192.168.1.126 nameserver 192.168.1.1 In Windows DNS server, the sole "Forward Lookup Zone" is biman.net When I query for host in the zone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: broy32000
6 Replies
PTHREAD_JOIN(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   PTHREAD_JOIN(3)

NAME
pthread_join -- wait for thread termination SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_join(pthread_t thread, void **value_ptr); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_join() function suspends execution of the calling thread until the target thread terminates unless the target thread has already terminated. On return from a successful pthread_join() call with a non-NULL value_ptr argument, the value passed to pthread_exit() by the terminating thread is stored in the location referenced by value_ptr. When a pthread_join() returns successfully, the target thread has been terminated. The results of multiple simultaneous calls to pthread_join() specifying the same target thread are undefined. If the thread calling pthread_join() is cancelled, then the target thread is not detached. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_join() function will return zero. Otherwise, an error number will be returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_join() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. [EDEADLK] A deadlock was detected or the value of thread specifies the calling thread. SEE ALSO
wait(2), pthread_create(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_join() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
January 23, 2010 BSD