Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating a condensed table from a pre-existing table in putty Post 302639469 by jim mcnamara on Friday 11th of May 2012 10:40:31 PM
Old 05-11-2012
What kind of table? text, db2, sql server, oracle?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Creating a Hash Table

Dear Friends, I want to create a hash table using the standard Glib header (if possible) so that I can store a structure and keep the hash key(search key) based on a string. Any example code would be great since I am not able to get the main idea. best regards Skull (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmetheskull
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time (Go to sleep mode) and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating table in Unix

Hi All, In a given directory, I need to list the files present in it in the below given format as a table. File name Permission Number of Bytes File Type Telecom1 --w-r-x 1230 Directory Telecom2 ---x---x---x 450 Device file Telecom3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

select values from db1 table and insert into table of DB2

Hi I am having three oracle databases running in three different machine. their ip address is different. from one of the DB am able to access both the databases.(means am able to select values and insert values in to tables individually.) I need to fetch some data from DB1 table(say DB1 ip is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a table

I have a file like below Iter 1: Best Model = 10.0 12.0 13.0 17.0 23.3 78.7 Iter 2: Best Model = 10.0 20.0 30.0 40.0 50.0 60.0 Iter 3: Best Model = 27.3 46.3 84.5 23.0 34.5 35.4 etc I want to use a scipts using csh or awk to select the iteration number and show the numbers in a table... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build a table from a list by comparing existing table entries

I am new to this shell scripting.... I have a file which contains list of users. This files get updated when new user comes into the system. I want to create script which will give a table containing unique list of users. When I say unique, it means script should match table while parsing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchavan1901
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help in copying table structure to another table with constraints in Oracle

hi, i need to copy one table with data into another table, right now am using create table table1 as select * from table2 i want the constraints of table1 to be copied to table2 also , can anyone give me some solution to copy the constraints also, now am using oracle 10.2.0.3.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

10. Web Development

Getting Rid of Annoying Bootstrap Table Borders and Wayward Table Lines

Bootstrap is great; but we have had some issues with Bootstrapped <tables> (and legacy <fieldset> elements) showing annoying, wayward lines. I solved that problem today with this simple jQuery in the footer: <script> $(function(){ $('tr, td, fieldset,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
MYSQLDIFF(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     MYSQLDIFF(1p)

NAME
mysql-schema-diff - compare MySQL database schemas SYNOPSIS
mysql-schema-diff [B<options>] B<database1> B<database2> mysql-schema-diff --help DESCRIPTION
mysql-schema-diff is a Perl script front-end to the CPAN <http://www.perl.com/CPAN> module MySQL::Diff <http://search.cpan.org/search?module=MySQL::Diff> which compares the data structures (i.e. schema / table definitions) of two MySQL <http://www.mysql.com/> databases, and returns the differences as a sequence of MySQL commands suitable for piping into mysql which will transform the structure of the first database to be identical to that of the second (c.f. diff and patch). Database structures can be compared whether they are files containing table definitions or existing databases, local or remote. N.B. The program makes no attempt to compare any of the data which may be stored in the databases. It is purely for comparing the table definitions. I have no plans to implement data comparison; it is a complex problem and I have no need of such functionality anyway. However there is another program coldiff <http://rossbeyer.net/software/mysql_coldiff/> which does this, and is based on an older program called datadiff which seems to have vanished off the 'net. For PostgreSQL there are similar tools such as pgdiff <http://pgdiff.sourceforge.net/> and apgdiff <http://apgdiff.startnet.biz/>. EXAMPLES
# compare table definitions in two files mysql-schema-diff db1.mysql db2.mysql # compare table definitions in a file 'db1.mysql' with a database 'db2' mysql-schema-diff db1.mysql db2 # interactively upgrade schema of database 'db1' to be like the # schema described in the file 'db2.mysql' mysql-schema-diff -A db1 db2.mysql # compare table definitions in two databases on a remote machine mysql-schema-diff --host=remote.host.com --user=myaccount db1 db2 # compare table definitions in a local database 'foo' with a # database 'bar' on a remote machine, when a file foo already # exists in the current directory mysql-schema-diff --host2=remote.host.com --password=secret db:foo bar OPTIONS
More details to come; for now run "mysql-schema-diff --help". INTERNALS
For both of the database structures being compared, the following happens: o If the argument is a valid filename, the file is used to create a temporary database which "mysqldump -d" is run on to obtain the table definitions in canonicalised form. The temporary database is then dropped. (The temporary database is named "test_mysqldiff_temp_something" because default MySQL permissions allow anyone to create databases beginning with the prefix "test_".) o If the argument is a database, "mysqldump -d" is run directly on it. o Where authentication is required, the hostname, username, and password given by the corresponding options are used (type "mysql-schema-diff --help" for more information). o Each set of table definitions is now parsed into tables, and fields and index keys within those tables; these are compared, and the differences outputted in the form of MySQL statements. BUGS, DEVELOPMENT, CONTRIBUTING See <http://software.adamspiers.org/wiki/mysqldiff>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2000-2011 Adam Spiers. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
MySQL::Diff, MySQL::Diff::Database, MySQL::Diff::Table, MySQL::Diff::Utils, mysql, mysqldump, mysqlshow AUTHOR
Adam Spiers <mysqldiff@adamspiers.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-06 MYSQLDIFF(1p)