Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed multiline pattern match
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed multiline pattern match Post 302638861 by kristinu on Thursday 10th of May 2012 08:43:23 PM
Old 05-10-2012
Code:
cat test.txt

interface Loopback1111
description aaaa
ip vrf forwarding vaaaa
ip address 1.1.1.1
!
interface Loopback2222
description bbbb
ip vrf forwarding vbbbb
ip address 2.2.2.2
!

sed -n '/interface\|description\|ip/p'  test.txt

interface Loopback1111
description aaaa
ip vrf forwarding vaaaa
ip address 1.1.1.1
interface Loopback2222
description bbbb
ip vrf forwarding vbbbb
ip address 2.2.2.2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk match a multiline pattern

Hello! i wanna match in a config file, one text with more than one lines, something like this: CACHE_SIZE{ 10000 M } I have problems with the ends of line, i think that i can match the end of the line with \n, but i can't get it Someone can help me with the regular expression? ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: claw82
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print all lines after pattern match

HiCan someone show me how to print all lines from a file after a line matching a pattern using sed?Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline pattern search using sed or awk

Hi friends, Could you please help me to resolve the below issue. Input file :- <Node> <username>abc</username> <password>ABC</password> <Node> <Node> <username>xyz</username> <password>XYZ</password> <Node> <Node> <username>mnp</username> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern match problem

Hi all, hoping this is a simple one, tried looking but just can't see the solution As an example I've got a list of words that all start Ben..... Bendicks Benefiber Ben Benylin I need to only change the line Ben with Ben 10, ignoring the other lines. I tried the following ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrpugster
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a pattern starting with sub-pattern using sed

Hi all, I've been experiencing a difficulty trying to match a number and write it to a new file. My input file is: input.txt It contains the lines: 103P 123587.256971 3.21472112 3.1517423 1.05897234566427 58.2146258 12.35478 25.3612489 What would be the sed command to... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Biederman
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Pattern Match

Hi, I would like to use SED to do the following string replacement: asd1abc to www1cda asd2abc to www2cda ... asd9abc to www9cda I can use 'asd.abc' to find the orignal string, however I don't know how to generate the target string. Any suggestion? Thanks, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail4mz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to pattern match within a particular multiline block and take action

Hi all, This is my first post, so please go easy if I broke some rules. Not accustomed to posting in forums... :) I'm looking for help on pattern matching within a multiline block and looking to highlight blocks/block-ids that do NOT contain a particular pattern. For example an input file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirodad
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : match one pattern then the next consecutive second pattern not working

Ive used this snippet of code on a solaris box thousands of times. But it isnt working on the new linux box sed -n '/interface LoopBack0/{N;/ ip address /p;}' *.conf its driving me nuts !! Is there something Im missing ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match with awk/sed - help

I need to grep for the pattern text inside the square brackets which are in red and not in green..my current code greps patterns both of them, which i don't want Input fileref|XP_002371341.1| oxoacyl-ACP reductase, putative gb|EPT24759.1| 3-ketoacyl-(acyl-carrier-protein) reductase ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get range out using sed or awk, only if given pattern match

Input: START OS:: UNIX Release: xxx Version: xxx END START OS:: LINUX Release: xxx Version: xxx END START OS:: Windows Release: xxx Version: xxx ENDHere i am trying to get all the information between START and END, only if i could match OS Type. I can get all the data between the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharmaraja
3 Replies
FC-PATTERN(1)															     FC-PATTERN(1)

NAME
fc-pattern - parse and show pattern SYNOPSIS
fc-pattern [ -cdVh ] [ --config ] [ --default ] [ [ -f format ] [ --format format ] ] [ --version ] [ --help ] [ pattern [ element... ] ] DESCRIPTION
fc-pattern parses pattern (empty pattern by default) and shows the parsed result. If --config is given, config substitution is performed on the pattern before being displayed. If --default is given, default substitution is performed on the pattern before being displayed. If any elements are specified, only those are printed. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -c Perform config substitution on pattern. -d Perform default substitution on pattern. -f Format output according to the format specifier format. -V Show version of the program and exit. -h Show summary of options. pattern Parses and displays pattern (uses empty pattern by default). element If set, the element property is displayed for parsed pattern. SEE ALSO
FcNameParse(3) FcConfigSubstitute(3) FcDefaultSubstitute(3) FcPatternPrint(3) FcPatternFormat(3) fc-cat(1) fc-cache(1) fc-list(1) fc- match(1) fc-query(1) fc-scan(1) The fontconfig user's guide, in HTML format: /usr/share/doc/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html. AUTHOR
This manual page was updated by Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@behdad.org>. Apr 20, 2010 FC-PATTERN(1)