Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Do I post to Homework forum if learning on own Post 302638611 by vbe on Thursday 10th of May 2012 12:32:44 PM
Old 05-10-2012
So post in shell programming with your code between code tags:
https://www.unix.com/how-post-unix-li...code-tags.html
And add all information you have about the issue (error message etc...) dont forget to mention your OS and current shell you use

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Homework Help: On Posting Questions: Any and all high school and undergraduate homework assignments or textbook style exercises for which you are seeking assistance are to be posted only in our Homework & Coursework Questions area--not in blogs, visitor messages, PMs, or the main technical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

forum to post availability for work?

Hello. Is there a forum to post my availability for work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: douglaskbell
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Not getting any option to post a Forum

Hi All, can anybody suggest, what steps i should follow to post a forum, i am able to post a thread, and also my account is registered. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

This forum is closed for new thread ... post here.

This forum is closed for new threads. Please post in this forum: UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Can you suggest a better forum to post?

Hello! I posted twice on issues I'm having getting the latest GCC compiler to compile ( "Command failed for target 'check-recursive' error" in the Solaris forum and "Compiling GCC 6.3.0 - Error with Library" in the UNIX for Beginners... forum) with zero responses. After many hours of beating my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PJ_Namias
0 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

About Rules for Homework & Coursework Questions Forum

Hi, in my case, I have a question for topics that are slightly dealt with in class, which I am investigating on my own but which are not directly related to the lessons. Do I have to put the name of the school and others? (I can't put the name of the professor because is against the school rules... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naky
2 Replies
SVNPATH(1)																SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)