Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to login into GUI mode. Post 302636837 by busyboy on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 04:12:46 AM
Old 05-08-2012
did you try connecting the mouse and then starting the dtlogin?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get back my linux gui mode?

Dear All, Someone please help me.. I can't afford to lose the luster from my precious RedHat Linux 7.3 install (which I was able to accomplish painstaking efforts!).. Here is my problem... I don't know why this is happening... but whenever I'm booting into my RHL 7.3 partition on my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
2 Replies

2. AIX

Startup AIX in GUI or text mode

Can I know is there anyone know how to statup AIX in GUI and text mode? Thank You..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwarf007
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Unix autostart in GUI mode

hi, i'm a newbie in UNIX. i have a disk crash and re-install the unix. But the new installation does not boot the server automatically. Then i set the auto-boot to true, and it's ok. But now the system is booting in text mode. Before this, when i type boot, the system is booting in GUI mode.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwll
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to switch from GUI to text mode?

Hi all I have installed solaris 5.10 and it is loading in GUI mode by default. I want to load in text mode by default. How to do this? How to switch from GUI to text mode and vise versa.? Please help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris in GUI mode

Hi we work on solaris machines and access them in Command line mode using telnet services. Can they be accessed in GUI mode. If yes please advice as I have came to know that Solaris 9.0 supports GUI mode also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sukhvinder_Tm
1 Replies

6. Hardware

How to go to GUI from text mode?

Dear All, i am trying to install the redhat linux using graphical mode...but it stucks while probing video card...i have installed linux using text mode it works fine and whole the installation goes fine. after installation if i give startx command it again stucks....looks like a vga card... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaheer.gr8
9 Replies

7. Solaris

how to enable GUI mode in solaris

I just installed Solaris 10 in my pc with dafault installtion. When I tried login to it first time , it took me directly to console mode When issuing the command svcs it didn't returned any fmri related to gui. find the attached snapshot for the list of fmri. Installing the fmri ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris machine is at # prompt not able to login in GUI mode

Solaris machine is at # prompt not able to login in GUI mode : I want to login solaris server in GUI mode from # prompt. ---------- Post updated 12-30-11 at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous update was 12-29-11 at 02:23 PM ---------- Hi, Please send me some guidelines regarding this.... as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to login to solaris9 server using SSH mode

Unable to login to solaris9 server using SSH mode for root as well as genreal logins. Please find the configuration file . oss@HYDOHS02:ssh> cat sshd_config # # Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. # Use is subject to license terms. # #pragma ident "@(#)sshd_config ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydoss1
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to login via console mode to non-global zone

tldr; We've installed a non-global-zone from a unified archive which once booted, we're unable to gain access to the system either through zlogin or zlogin -C. Errors; svc.startd: instance svc:/system/console-login:default exited with status 127 Investigation; 1) Already opened a SR with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
1 Replies
mperfmon(1)						      General Commands Manual						       mperfmon(1)

NAME
mperfmon - Mono Performance Counter Monitor SYNOPSIS
mperfmon [--config=FILE] [--report=REPORT_NAME] [--count=NUM] [pid] OPTIONS
--config=FILE Specifies the configuration file to load instead of the default one installed in the same directory as the app. --report=REPORT_NAME Instead of showing the GUI, run in console mode and print a report of the set of counters specified by REPORT_NAME and described in the config file. The report is printed for up to the number of times specified with the --count option. The pid argument is used as the instance name in the performance counters, it is typically the pid of a mono process. --count=NUM Sets the number of times a report is printed in console mode. The default is 2. DESCRIPTION
mperfmon is a tool that allows you to monitor performance counters exposed by Mono processes or by the operating system. With the --report option it can be used on the console, otherwise a GUI is started. In GUI mode each counter added is monitored at user-specified time inter- vals (the default is 1 second) and it is shown in a graph as it changes over time. MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit http://www.mono-project.com for details mperfmon(1)