Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Login from putty in wndows7 to connect ubuntu machine Post 302636815 by diehard on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 03:45:50 AM
Old 05-08-2012
it is not showing any message in the prompt but instead of that only blank window with subject network error. I hope you understand what i mean to say.

What i have done so far is I have installed Ubuntu on windows7 and to access it I have installed putty on my windows machine.
When i tried to login using ip address of machine it is giving the above error.

Did i miss any steps in between..or is there any setting need to be done on ubuntu before login from putty on windows7.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dowe have other tools like Putty to connect UNIX boxes

New to UNIX, do we have only putty to work with UNIX boxes remotely ?????? any other tools.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login through putty

I am changing root password by passwd. Now I can directly log into the system but I can not log in using puttytel. It will show an error "Incorrect Password":rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arrs
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty Login - with Batch?

Hello Everybody, I have a question on the UNIX server login with putty. Can this login procedure into PUTTY be automated with a macro or vbs or batch file? Kindly help me in directing me for the above. Thanks for the help, Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swame_sp
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

RSH to Ubuntu machine from Solaris machine?

This is probably really basic compared to what you guys are usually talking about here, but I have a problem and I have no idea what to do about it. I try to RSH to my Ubuntu computer from my Solaris one and run into a dead end: >> rsh 192.168.1.103 ::ffff:192.168.1.103: Connection timed out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change the putty code to get machine and user name from a file

HI, I have parsed a file and stored all my machine name and user name in a list. Now I want to change in the putty code such that the machine name and user name can be passed through calling that one by one from tht list through an object. Then pass it to the place the putty takes user name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to connect ubuntu through putty from Window?

Hii, i have installed ubuntu in windows without make partitioning by using wubi.. i want to connect ubuntu linux through putty. but I am unable to do that. Please help me.. how to set ip address in putty (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkumar
3 Replies

7. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Steps to connect linux (Ubuntu) machine from windows 7

Hi, Can anyone give me the steps to connect ubuntu from windows7? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

I cannot connect my redhat server via putty

a server with RHEL 5.3 is running. im going to access this via putty but get message "server unexpectedly closed network connection". after some time. same is the case with root and oracle user. what can be issue ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
7 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc -- user configuration for ftp SYNOPSIS
~/.netrc DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)