Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get the next word which falls just after a keyword? Post 302635857 by neelmani on Monday 7th of May 2012 06:18:47 AM
Old 05-07-2012
@Scrutinizer i want both output i.e
(SELECT and "rrdwst00.TRWBE_ALLOC_REDEMPTION_FACT TRWBE_ST " .. thanks in advance

---------- Post updated 05-07-12 at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous update was 05-06-12 at 11:40 AM ----------

anyone please helppppppppppp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk substring falls between two values

Hi guys, hopefully you can give me a hand with this before my monitor has a nasty accident! :mad: I have the following line in a script: awk 'int(substr($1,2,2))>'06' && int(substr($1,2,2))<'08' ' ANYOLDFILE.log ... which when ran against this data file: ... correctly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace only if the keyword is the first word in every line

How do I replace only if the keyword is at the begining of a line? Code: -- a = “This is a print statement” print a -- What if I want to replace print by #print only in the second line i.e only if the line starts with that keyword. Please help me out. I'm new to SED. -----Post... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexzubin
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a word in a file that appears next to a given keyword

Hi Experts, I have a file which contains some text. i need to print the word next to a given keyword. Please help. Ex: test.txt ===================== NEXT HOST ===================== AEADBAS001 access-list 1 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ip access-list extended BLA_Outgoing_Filter... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get a worrd which falls after a keyword separated by comma

Hi friends, i have a file which contains all words(including comma) in different line. for example: more file.txt select column1 from table1 , table2 join table3 0n condition i just want to get table2 if there is a comma after table1(as shown in the above case) else dont fetch... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch a two word keyword which may contain a new line(may include spaces or tab) in it?

How to catch a two word keyword which may contain a new line(may include spaces or tab) in it. for example there is a file a.txt. $more a.txt create view as (select from ......... .......... ( select .... ( select ...... .. select only no ((( number ( select end (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Value falls between two values from different files

Hi, I have two files cat 1 100 1 110 2 113 4 230 5 334 7 500 8 900 10 I have another file cat 2 100 200 201 300 301 400 401 500 501 600 601 700 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract the word after a particular keyword throughout the file..

Hi Everyone, Need help in extracting the hostname from the below output. Expected output: DS-TESTB-GDS-1.TEST.ABC.COM DS-TESTB-GDS-2.TEST.ABC.COM .... ... /tmp $ cat -n /tmp/patchreport 1 /usr/bin/perl /admin/bin/patch/applyPatches.pl --apply_patches... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiyagoo
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to align/sort the column pairs of an csv file, based on keyword word specified in another file?

I have a csv file as shown below, xop_thy 80 avr_njk 50 str_nyu 60 avr_irt 70 str_nhj 60 avr_ngt 50 str_tgt 80 xop_nmg 50 xop_nth 40 cyv_gty 40 cop_thl 40 vir_tyk 80 vir_plo 20 vir_thk 40 ijk_yuc 70 cop_thy 70 ijk_yuc 80 irt_hgt 80 I need to align/sort the csv file based... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
7 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)