Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help getting my output from MYSQL query into right format Post 302635325 by Scrutinizer on Friday 4th of May 2012 03:50:44 PM
Old 05-04-2012
Hi Brianjb, I had edited the post in the mean time and added the empty line in both examples, perhaps you could try again...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to format mysql output

Hi all, Does anyone know how to format the output from mysql from within a shell script? i.e. RESULT=`mysql command` echo ${RESULT} the ${RESULT} only displays the output on one line instead of how mysql would display it as columns etc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

4. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

5. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Please help: Oracle gqsql or sqlplus output format like mysql

On psql select titolo,lingua from titolo where titolo ~* 'brivid'; titolo | lingua ------- + ------ Brivido | 1 On Sqlplus/gqsql SQL> select titolo,genere,anno,lingua from titolo where titolo like '%rivid%'; TITOLO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

7. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file from output of vertica table query in UTF-8 format?

Hello, In my shell script, I extract table data from HP Vertica DB into a csv file using vsql -c command. But the problem is the file getting created is in binary format and hence some of the data becomes unreadable which has chinese characters as part of data. file -i filename.csv - gives... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharmatheja
2 Replies
RECOLL(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RECOLL(1)

NAME
recoll - user interface for the Recoll full text search system SYNOPSIS
recoll [ -c <configdir> ] [ -o | -l | -f | -a ] [ -t ] [ -q <query> ] DESCRIPTION
The recoll command will start the graphical user interface for querying the Recoll database. On the first run, recoll will create the user configuration which can be customized before starting the first indexation. The -c option specifies the configuration directory name, overriding the default or $RECOLL_CONFDIR. The -q option can be used to specify an initial query on the command line. This query will be interpreted by default as a query language string. If -a is specified, the query string will be interpreted as an all words simple search query. If -o is specified, the query string will be interpreted as an any word simple search query. If -f is specified, the query string will be interpreted as a file name simple search query. If -l is specified, the query string will be interpreted as a query language simple search query. If -t is specified, the Graphical User Interface will not be started, and results will be printed to the standard output. Additional options understood by the recollq command may be specified in this case. These can control the output format and the maximum number of results to be printed. Please refer to online help for a full description. SEE ALSO
recollindex(1) recollq(1) recoll.conf(5) 8 January 2006 RECOLL(1)