Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Port VPM Decompression Algorithm to PHP and then to Dive Computer Post 302635035 by Neo on Friday 4th of May 2012 06:50:47 AM
Old 05-04-2012
Lightbulb Port VPM Decompression Algorithm to PHP and then to Dive Computer

Hello!

I'm about to embark on a new project to port the VPM (Variable Permability Model) for decompression diving from some old BASIC code (attached, "VPM.txt") to PHP.

Then, I plan to create a plugin for this site where folks can run VPM on the web.

Then, I plan to improve VPM based on some scientific papers (like the one attached, "sdeco.pdf").

And then, if all goes well, port to an "open source" dive computer.

Anyone interested to help in this fun project!?

Quote:
WARNING: Breathing compressed gas underwater, whether with conventional open-circuit scuba or closed-circuit rebreathers, is a potentially dangerous activity that requires specialized training. Breathing gas mixtures other than air underwater and especially using rebreather technology underwater, are activities which require considerable specialized training and certification. No one should ever attempt these activities without professional training. The information and software related to scuba diving, decompression theory and software code in this forum is provided for informational purposes only; and this information does not constitute adequate or proper training!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decompression utility

I am looking for an unzip application that can handle Unix .z files, but from a Windows environment AND has a command-line prompt. Anybody know of anything? TIA, H2M3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: H2M3
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Decompression with Cygwin

I am having some trouble decompressing a tar.bz2 with Cygwin. Is it even possible to do this? I am new to Unix so I have no idea. I downloaded GCC on my Windows machine (gcc-3.4.4.tar.bz2) and I've been trying to decompress and install it. Is cygwin this best way to decompress on a windows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noob1021
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compression and decompression in the same script

Hi Guys, I'm just wondering how to compress and decompress a file in the same script using multiple programs, and can it be done in one line? e.g gzip file && gunzip file bzip2 file && bunzip file I tried this and a few other combinations but it doesn't seem to work. Any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spaulds
6 Replies

4. Ubuntu

SSH and VPM Doubt

hI MY Nerd folks...i have ubuntu 10.4 in my machine...i want to use open shh in my latop for the sake of being complete anonymous...but am just a noob anyont got any tips for me for the complete steps or for How to LInks ...watever..thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: surensach
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Port VPM Decompression Algorithm to PHP (Main Loop) - Part 2

Continued from here. Port the main loop C code to PHP. Here is the C code for the main loop: /* =============================================================================== */ /* Begin MAIN proc (see endofpgm for alternate entry) */ /*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VPM decompression algorithm +++for NEO+++

Hi Neo, i have followed your porting of the VPM algorithm to C+. Did you ever finish this exercise? I am playing around with some ARM chips and would love to run the algorithm on them... would you care to share the final results? Thanks for your help. Greetings Carsten (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carsten
0 Replies
FANN_GET_BIT_FAIL(3)							 1						      FANN_GET_BIT_FAIL(3)

fann_get_bit_fail - The number of fail bits

SYNOPSIS
int fann_get_bit_fail (resource $ann) DESCRIPTION
The number of fail bits; means the number of output neurons which differ more than the bit fail limit (see fann_get_bit_fail_limit(3), fann_set_bit_fail_limit(3)). The bits are counted in all of the training data, so this number can be higher than the number of training data. This value is reset by fann_reset_MSE(3) and updated by all the same functions which also updates the MSE value (e.g. fann_test_data(3), fann_train_epoch(3)) PARAMETERS
o $ann -Neural network resource. RETURN VALUES
The number of bits fail, or FALSE on error. SEE ALSO
fann_get_MSE(3), fann_reset_MSE(3), fann_test_data(3), fann_train_epoch(3), fann_get_bit_fail_limit(3), fann_set_bit_fail_limit(3). PHP Documentation Group FANN_GET_BIT_FAIL(3)