Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron Daemon and alert
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cron Daemon and alert Post 302634517 by vbe on Thursday 3rd of May 2012 12:28:48 PM
Old 05-03-2012
Cron daemon is your job scheduler...
You can see what you have submitted by typing:
Code:
 crontab -l

The message is quite clear : It cannot find or execute a command/program...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Daemon

Hey all, I'm running Mandrake 7.2 with several of the development/server tools loaded and operating. One problem I'm having is that I keep getting emails from the "Cron Daemon". They all say: touch: /var/log/news/nntpsend.log: Permission denied chmod: same as above /usr/bin/nntpsend: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron daemon

I ve a problem with the cron daemon. i ve a process that sends many mail, and full my /var FS i don t want to write a script that would clean its mails i want to know if it would be possible to stop the cron daemon sending mails only for that specific process. Thanks !:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karine
3 Replies

3. SCO

Stoping & starting the cron daemon

Hi We are running SCO ver 5. Recently the cron daemon stopped running on its own. How do I find out why? How do I restart/stop it? I typed cron but it didn't work. Will rebooting it do the trick or can I manually start and stop the cron daemon? Please help. Thanks & Regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: othman
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how execute/visit a site using the cron daemon?

hi, i need to execute/visit a site to check if the site is up or not i have a server that have cron shedule that can execute a php file now how can i execute/visite a site using the same way as i execute a file? thanks a lot for your help :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jasonx22
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Mail is not sent by cron daemon

Hello All, In SunOS 10, I have some cron jobs and it is running fine but the cron job outputs are not mailing to any acount of the system. In other OS, we have option like MAILTO variable or /dev/null to disable but in Sun I have no idea how it is disabled by default and how do I... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running multiple php scripts into one php only, cron mail alert problem...

hi, while separated they produce the usual mail alert and i can see the output... if i write into the php script: <?php system('php -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/folder/script1.php'); system('php -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/folder/script2.php'); system('php -f... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7stars
0 Replies

7. Fedora

cron daemon name

Hi All, Please tell me which daemon is responsible for start and stop the crontab. Please tell me the location where it resides in Linux platform. Sindu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira_s
2 Replies

8. AIX

Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running

Hi I am currently testing SCOM2012 on my AIX systems for monitoring. I tested it on 3 systems and immediately i got the following errors: Alert: Network Status Monitor daemon (rpcstat) is not running Source: AIX 7.1 Path: (left blank) Last modified by: (left blank) Last modified time:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsabo40
3 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

**ALERT**ALERT* Whats app requesting users to upgrade to latest version as; its vulnerability found.

Hello All, Want to share here an article for Whats app users that team whats app is requesting users to upgrade to its latest version since they have found a vulnerability; where Hacker could turn on a cell's camera, mic and scan messages and emails. Here is an article from "THE VERGE" for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
1 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD