Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Why do I receive Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted? Post 302634045 by Errigour on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 09:32:41 PM
Old 05-02-2012
Also here is keepsake:
Code:
struct descr
{
    int newfd;             /* Player socket                             */
    char char_name[11];    /* Character's name                          */
    char char_pass[27];    /* Character's password                      */
    short int sex;         /* Character's sex                           */
    short int char_class;  /* Characters class                          */
    short int char_race;   /* Characters race                           */
    short int state;       /* Game state                                */
    short int create_state;/* Character creation state                  */
    struct descr *next;    /* Used to create a linked list              */
    struct descr *list;    /* Used to define the top of the linked list */
} keepsake;

---------- Post updated at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:25 PM ----------

Ok I tried printing the information. It prints alot because it loops alot before I can get to that part but also it seems to just be a problem with FD_ISSET when somone disconnects. have any ideas on that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Tcp Ip Send Receive Server Program

Requirements: A server program should read a file and send the message to the client . if the file is not there, then switch to the receive part of the same program and receive any messages from the socket. If no messages to receive then switch to send part of the program to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
2 Replies

2. Programming

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.

I ran degugger in C++ and the followings are the message I got: Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted. 0x002a57a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (gdb) info s #0 0x002a57a2 in _dl_sysinfo_int80 () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2 #1 0x002e97f5 in raise () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: napapanbkk
1 Replies

3. Programming

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

Dear all, I used debugger from C++ and these are the message I got: Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x00323fc0 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (gdb) info s #0 0x00323fc0 in free () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6 #1 0x00794fa1 in operator delete () from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: napapanbkk
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a program to receive the GPS data and send to other server

Hi, I would like to write a program to receive the GPS data and then send the data via network to other program. All of the program is not write yet(include host and sender) All of the server OS is unix or linux Could you mind to give me some idea to do this? Thanks so much! Ken ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenlok
2 Replies

5. AIX

Received signal #11, SIGSEGV [default] on AIX 6.1

Hello, One of our customer is getting segmentation fault when he runs his shell script which invokes our executable on AIX 6.1. On AIX 5.3, there were no issues. Here is the truss output. 811242: __loadx(0x0A040000, 0xF0D3A26C, 0x00000000, 0x00000009, 0x00000000) = 0xF026E884... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erra_krishna
0 Replies

6. AIX

nim: error signal number 2 received

Hi to all, i am trying to make mksysb backup of a NIM client machine from NIM master and while i am reading that the backup is done successfully i get an error message below and it doesnt exit the smit screen. also the status of the command appears to be running. is there anybody who knows why... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
3 Replies

7. Programming

Program received signal: “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”?

I am making a command line program in C using XCode. When running the program, it initially does what it is supposed to do (asks me for a file path). However, when I type in a valid and existing file path, it gives me the following error: Program received signal: “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdonova33
6 Replies

8. Programming

Please help:program hang stuck there signal handling on POSIX Message Queue UNIX C programming

in a single main() function,so need signal handling. Use Posix Message Queue IPC mechanism , can ignore the priority and other linked list message,to implement the scenario: client:Knock Knock server:who's there client: Eric Server:Eric,Welcome. client:exit all process terminated ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

9. Solaris

backup aborted

hi all I am getting following error while taking backup using the command ufsdump 0ubf 512 /dev/rmt/0cbn /database/backup2/rman_backup/level0 >> /database/backup2/backup_tape/level0_rman_06sep12 2>&1; from the log i got the error bash# tail -f level0_rman_06sep12 DUMP: Date of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

10. Programming

Free() - Program getting aborted.

I am trying to learn C and while trying out some code, the program is getting aborted while I am calling free(). Here is the code: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> void print_by_ptr(char **str) { printf("<%s>\n",*str); printf("Now I am modifying the str.\n"); *str =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
3 Replies
DRAND48_R(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      DRAND48_R(3)

NAME
drand48_r, erand48_r, lrand48_r, nrand48_r, mrand48_r, jrand48_r, srand48_r, seed48_r, lcong48_r - generate uniformly distributed pseudo- random numbers reentrantly SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int drand48_r(struct drand48_data *buffer, double *result); int erand48_r(unsigned short xsubi[3], struct drand48_data *buffer, double *result); int lrand48_r(struct drand48_data *buffer, long int *result); int nrand48_r(unsigned short int xsubi[3], struct drand48_data *buffer, long int *result); int mrand48_r(struct drand48_data *buffer,long int *result); int jrand48_r(unsigned short int xsubi[3], struct drand48_data *buffer, long int *result); int srand48_r(long int seedval, struct drand48_data *buffer); int seed48_r(unsigned short int seed16v[3], struct drand48_data *buffer); int lcong48_r(unsigned short int param[7], struct drand48_data *buffer); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): All functions shown above: _SVID_SOURCE || _BSD_SOURCE || _XOPEN_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
These functions are the reentrant analogs of the functions described in drand48(3). Instead of modifying the global random generator state, they use the supplied data buffer. Before the first use, this struct must be initialized, for example, by filling it with zeros, or by calling one of the functions srand48_r(), seed48_r(), or lcong48_r(). RETURN VALUE
The return value is 0. CONFORMING TO
These functions are GNU extensions and are not portable. SEE ALSO
drand48(3), rand(3), random(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2007-07-26 DRAND48_R(3)