Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LUN Presentation
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat LUN Presentation Post 302633673 by mark54g on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 10:14:45 AM
Old 05-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffs22
Thanks Mark54g,

Now once I have scanned in the new LUN on the OS how do I create a new FS from this space?

Can I use "fdisk" against the dm-<no> to present all paths to the OS?

.....or can I just pvcreate the /dev/dm-<no> and take it from there?

R,
D.
You would work against the dm device like you would /dev/sdb, et al.

You can fdisk it (unless it is too large, then you may need to use parted)

Then you can use mkfs on it to create a file system, unless you use volume groups first, at which point you can do that with pvcreate.

Here's a trick, though. If you are going to add many volumes of the same size (careful on an EVA, they have lower limits on the number of presented LUNs), you can use:

Code:
sfdisk -d <a device with the layout you like>| sfdisk <device you want to copy the layout to>

Last edited by mark54g; 05-02-2012 at 11:45 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to mark54g For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

format date/time presentation

1) i am trying to print the timeframe of a log file using the start/end date/time being extracted from the file itself. my problem is how to convert the following numeric date format to the one that i prefer: Start time: 0204161129 End time : 0204171431 into: Start time: Apr 16 2002... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
6 Replies

2. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Wireless presentation system for mac

I am a system developer for a major university and currently trying to find out WPS software for mac that can connect a mac to a wireless projector server. The software functions with Win OS XP and 7. The server is a EDIMAX WP-S1100 WIRELESS PROJECTOR SERVER. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobilemaster
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs Presentation

Hello All, I am trying to capture system logs for specific tools run by users. So my script create logs from 10 different server.So is there any script & tool from that i can read or present them easily ?. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies
ql-dynamic-tgt-disc(8)					       System Administration					    ql-dynamic-tgt-disc(8)

NAME
ql-dynamic-tgt-lun-disc - Scans for newly added LUNs. SYNOPSIS
ql-dynamic-tgt-lun-disc [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Dynamic TGT-LUN Discovery Utility This utility scans for newly added LUNs. After adding new LUNs, you do not need to unload, then load the QLogic FC driver or reboot the system To begin scanning the LUNs issue following command: # /usr/sbin/ql-dynamic-tgt-lun-disc -al, --allow-lip LIP is not issued by default, even if it is required for scanning new LUNs Setting this option, allows the utility to issue LIP. -cl, --current-luns Displays LUNS currently present -e, --extended-scan Use this option as "-e | --extended-scan". to rescan LUNs. This will identify any change in attributes of existing LUNs. This option can be used in combination of scan/refresh or max luns -h, --help, ? Prints this help message -i, --interactive Use this option to use the menu driven program -is, --iscsi Use this option to operate on ISCSI HBAs, this option can be used in combination of any other supported option. -m, --max-lun To set the maximum LUNs to be scanned -p, --proc Use PROC file system for LUN scanning -r, --refresh To refresh, that is remove LUNs that are lost use the options "-r|--refresh". This will remove the LUNs which no more exist. -s, --scan [ -r|--refresh ] The QLogic LUN scan utility re-scans all the devices connected to the QLogic HBA SEE ALSO
ql-lun-state-online(8), ql-hba-snapshot(8), ql-set-cmd-timeout(8) Matthias Schmitz <;matthias@sigxcpu.org> July 2009 ql-dynamic-tgt-disc(8)